I guess Kerry isn't the only flip flopper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I guess Kerry isn't the only flip flopper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I guess Kerry isn't the only flip flopper

Postby Phatferd » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:55 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/22/bush-stay-the-course/

I find this kinda amusing. Actually I find it really amusing.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I guess Kerry isn't the only flip flopper

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:03 pm

Phatferd wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/22/bush-stay-the-course/

All politicians are flip floppers its the dumb flip floppers that are really funny ...

ala bush and kerry
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: I guess Kerry isn't the only flip flopper

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:21 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Phatferd wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/22/bush-stay-the-course/

All politicians are flip floppers its the dumb flip floppers that are really funny ...

ala bush and kerry

Agreed; they all flip-flop. But only Kerry got swift boated.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:31 pm

Don't forget all those republicans who said that the "enemy would be emboldened" by setting a timeline in Iraq.

Guess what Bush just did...
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:40 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Don't forget all those republicans who said that the "enemy would be emboldened" by setting a timeline in Iraq.

Guess what Bush just did...

I still remember, at the beginning of the war, when Cheney said that the Iraqi people would "welcome us as liberators."

Then, just a few months ago, he said that Iraq was in the "last throes of the insurgency."

He ate his words yesterday and admitted he was wrong (a first I believe for our astute VP), but he still went on and on with the "arbitrary timetable," "terrorist safe-haven" and "cut and run" rhetoric.

Meanwhile, Bush administration officials secretly prepare to Adapt and Adjust, or Redeploy and Reconfigure, or whatever it is they're calling Cut and Run these days. The president compares the crisis to the Tet Offensive but still rejects larger Vietnam analogies. He's right: In Vietnam, only half the country hated us.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:14 pm

Is today bash Republicans day? :-?

The US won't pull out until the time is right; that is when the Iraqi government can take care of themselves. To do otherwise would mean an American defeat and would result in total disaster in Iraq. Of course there are those here who hold party politics higher than an American victory and the stability of that region of the world.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:20 pm

Fireball Express wrote:Is today bash Republicans day? :-?

The US won't pull out until the time is right; that is when the Iraqi government can take care of themselves. To do otherwise would mean an American defeat and would result in total disaster in Iraq. Of course there are those here who hold party politics higher than an American victory and the stability of that region of the world.

Is today logical fallacy day?

Any Iraqi government installed by the US (or one that appears to be installed/supported by the US) is going to fail. Therefore, the Iraqi government will never be able to take care of themselves. This is a direct result of the completely incompetent job we've done over there so far: Abu Ghraib, the looting of the national museum, the spiking death rate, etc. That means that the longer we stay over there, the less chance the Iraqi government has of standing on its own two feet. Of course, there are those here who hold party politics higher than the lives of American soldiers and stability in the Middle East...

(I don't actually believe the part about those who hold party politics higher than human lives/stability but I'm trying to make a point here, Fireball. I know that you think that it really is the best thing for us to stay over there. I understand that this is probably not guided by partisan politics. I would ask you to extend the same courtesy to me/others who want out of Iraq. It's not about politics. It's about not wanting my friends to die in a lost cause. That's it. To insinuate otherwise discredits and defames you.)
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:52 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Is today bash Republicans day? :-?

Is today logical fallacy day?

Any Iraqi government installed by the US (or one that appears to be installed/supported by the US) is going to fail. Therefore, the Iraqi government will never be able to take care of themselves. This is a direct result of the completely incompetent job we've done over there so far: Abu Ghraib, the looting of the national museum, the spiking death rate, etc. That means that the longer we stay over there, the less chance the Iraqi government has of standing on its own two feet. Of course, there are those here who hold party politics higher than the lives of American soldiers and stability in the Middle East...

(I don't actually believe the part about those who hold party politics higher than human lives/stability but I'm trying to make a point here, Fireball. I know that you think that it really is the best thing for us to stay over there. I understand that this is probably not guided by partisan politics. I would ask you to extend the same courtesy to me/others who want out of Iraq. It's not about politics. It's about not wanting my friends to die in a lost cause. That's it. To insinuate otherwise discredits and defames you.)

So then, what would you suggest?
Pull out every last soldier (who happen to sign up by himself and was not drafted) this very moment?
That would weaken the United States. Would it not? Is that what you want?

Why don't we totally disband all four of our military branches and bend over.

I disagree with the fact that the longer we stay over there the lesser chance the Iraqi government has to stand on it's own 2 feet. Even the Iraqi PM believes this. He does not want us to set any timeline. It has nothing to do with how long. It has everything to do with what is accomplished. Now that there is a reworking of the strategy so that more can be accomplished people feel the need to criticize instead of applaud. Send over more troops! Eliminate opposing forces! Get the job done! Then leave as Victors!

I also disagree with the fact that you consider the Iraqi government one that was installed by the US. This is not Haiti. There were elections if I recall. Yes elections that did not have the consequences that existed when Saddam ran for office.
Maybe we should let the other outside influences (Iran and Syria) take over Iraq. Then you would have another Lebanon, a country in name only run by militias supported by rogue nations.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:17 pm

So, uh, did you guys hear the one about the rabbi, the duck and the hotel manager??? No????

O:-)
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:23 pm

Coppermine wrote:So, uh, did you guys hear the one about the rabbi, the duck and the hotel manager??? No????

O:-)

No. :-)
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk