davidmarver........Chuck James.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

davidmarver........Chuck James....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

davidmarver........Chuck James....

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:59 pm

Just thought I would throw out my projections for Chuck James, I believe you wanted to get my opinion on that a week or so ago..... so I figured I would do just that.

215 IP
13-14 wins
3.90 ERA
1.30 WHIP
150 SO

He is pretty much just a two pitch pitcher (fastball/change), occassionally throwing a slider, with his change being his best pitch. I think going into his second year the league will catch up to him a bit. Good mechanics and doesn't throw hard so he should see alot of innings next year. Could be a decent end of the rotation late round pick. Probably will be slightly overrated next year though, don't overpay.

.....just my opinion....

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:01 pm

I don't see him having an ERA under 4 and losing 14 games
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Re: davidmarver........Chuck James....

Postby decoy562 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:03 pm

J35J wrote:Just thought I would throw out my projections for Chuck James, I believe you wanted to get my opinion on that a week or so ago..... so I figured I would do just that.

215 IP
13-14 wins
3.90 ERA
1.30 WHIP
150 SO

He is pretty much just a two pitch pitcher (fastball/change), occassionally throwing a slider, with his change being his best pitch. I think going into his second year the league will catch up to him a bit. Good mechanics and doesn't throw hard so he should see alot of innings next year. Could be a decent end of the rotation late round pick. Probably will be slightly overrated next year though, don't overpay.

.....just my opinion....

Jason

I and the Braves would be thrilled if he posted those numbers.
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:04 pm

acsguitar wrote:I don't see him having an ERA under 4 and losing 14 games

I didn't predict any losses for him in that post. That is either 13 or 14 wins..... ;-D

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: davidmarver........Chuck James....

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:05 pm

decoy562 wrote:
J35J wrote:Just thought I would throw out my projections for Chuck James, I believe you wanted to get my opinion on that a week or so ago..... so I figured I would do just that.

215 IP
13-14 wins
3.90 ERA
1.30 WHIP
150 SO

.....just my opinion....

Jason

I and the Braves would be thrilled if he posted those numbers.

As would I if I were a Braves fan.....

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:05 pm

J35J wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I don't see him having an ERA under 4 and losing 14 games

I didn't predict any losses for him in that post. That is either 13 or 14 wins..... ;-D

Jason

Ahhhaaaa I saw the 13-14 and didn't bother reading the letters. Darn F in speed reading class
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Yoda » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Wow that is a very optimistic projection for James... Not saying he won't do it but I would think that is the higher end of what he will achieve.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J35J » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:10 pm

Yoda wrote:Wow that is a very optimistic projection for James... Not saying he won't do it but I would think that is the higher end of what he will achieve.

Its a decent regression from last year......... and he is pitching in the NL... ;-7 He should also improve his BB/9 so I think he can keep his ERA at a decent level, he tends to keep hitters off balance with that good change. Oh yeah, he pitches in the NL also!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:13 pm

J35J wrote:
Yoda wrote:Wow that is a very optimistic projection for James... Not saying he won't do it but I would think that is the higher end of what he will achieve.

Its a decent regression from last year......... and he is pitching in the NL... ;-7 He should also improve his BB/9 so I think he can keep his ERA at a decent level, he tends to keep hitters off balance with that good change. Oh yeah, he pitches in the NL also!

Jason

He does pitch in the NL but he is in the NL EAST. Marlins and Phillies should be pretty good and the Yankees Part 2 should be good also
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Tavish » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 pm

J35J wrote:

Jason

He pitches in the NL, but he gives up a ton of HRs. That being said I could see him hovering around the 4 ERA mark but I don't see him reaching 215 IP.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers