College Football - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

College Football

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:34 pm

$#*&!!!! :-C
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:46 pm

So what is everyone's thoughts on the BCS? I personally think Michigan got hosed... It is only one game so anything can happen but I predict a huge lopsided victory for Ohio St.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mugrila » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:03 pm

I liked how things worked out. I don't want to get into Florida being more deserving than Michigan since that has been beaten to death.

Side note- I am hopping on a plane to Atlanta this afternoon for the Chick-fil-A bowl tomorrow. ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:48 am

the way i look at it is that michigan got their shot to beat ohio state, might as well give another team a chance to beat them..

also, florida is a really fast team...i could see them giving ohio state some matchup problems...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nsulham » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:the way i look at it is that michigan got their shot to beat ohio state, might as well give another team a chance to beat them..

also, florida is a really fast team...i could see them giving ohio state some matchup problems...

Except for the fact that OSU is almost an equally fast team. Troy Smith, Teddy Ginn, Anthony Gonzalez (who some say is the fastest of all of them) and the defense is pretty quick too with Laurianaitis, etc.

I'm not discrediting Florida mind you, but rather crediting OSU's team speed, which doesn't take a back seat to very many.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:36 pm

Yoda wrote:So what is everyone's thoughts on the BCS? I personally think Michigan got hosed... It is only one game so anything can happen but I predict a huge lopsided victory for Ohio St.

I think Michigan got hosed as well. I also think OSU is going to win by at least 20 points. The way I see it, if two teams are theoretically equals, then the home team will be favored by 3 points. Well, that's the margin of victory in the first OSU/Michigan game, which by some logic you could say means the two teams are equals.

Now, if Florida had been awesome all year, then fine. But they hardly dominated the SEC. If they had, then give it to them. But they barely squeaked by time after time after time against competition that wasn't always that great. I just wish South Carolina or FSU had knocked them off so we didn't have to see this game. Even worse, Meyer had to go crying to the media about the lack of respect or whatever, and Carr not doing that sealed the fate of the Wolverines.

It's too bad, because I would have loved to have seen OSU/Michigan at a neutral site for the title. It would have had all the makings of one of the biggest games in college football history. Now we get to see each of them win by 3+ TDs and we can wonder what might have been.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:48 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
It's too bad, because I would have loved to have seen OSU/Michigan at a neutral site for the title. It would have had all the makings of one of the biggest games in college football history. Now we get to see each of them win by 3+ TDs and we can wonder what might have been.

I would have loved to seen Ohio St./Michigan II if it was as good as the first one.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:27 pm

Michigan deserved to be #2. They lost to the #1 team by 3. Florida lost to the #10 team by 10. The only reason they went ahead of Michigan is because they lost earlier in the year, which is stupid. Michigan earned the right to be #2.

I'm personally looking forward to the Rose bowl more than the Championship.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:10 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:I'm personally looking forward to the Rose bowl more than the Championship.

Everyone except for Trojan fans. :-b I get the vibe that the pre-Rose Bowl buzz is rather quiet around town because the USC side is still shocked about losing to a bipolar UCLA team, as I'm sure there are some Michigan boosters who feel they should get a second crack at Ohio State. It should be an interesting game, but it's going to be hard to top off last year's BCS games in my opinion.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby nsulham » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:38 pm

All I know about the Rose Bowl is that while it should be one of the best games on the bowl slate, Michigan better come ready to play. There's a history of teams accepting lower bowls after being snubbed by the BCS only to be trounced in those bowls (see K-State a few years back and Cal of 2004).

If Michigan has OSU and the BCS on their minds, and not a USC team who will be out for revenge after getting embarrassed by their cross-town rival, the Wolverines could be in for a looong afternoon.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk