Howie Kendrick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Music2004Man » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:22 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Projections based off of wild speculation:

15 hr's .290 avg .380 OBP 75 Rbis 25 sb's

.290???

Wow, I'm guessing these projections are for his prime. But .290 as a full time MLB player would crazy impressive.
The only thing that would surprise me about these numbers is the .380 OBP. Kendrick does not take walks. Given a .290 BA, a .340 OBP would probably be optimistic.

But other than the OBP, those numbers look reasonable to me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kendrick's career BA is .300+

The only number that I think will be really hard for him to get to is the 380 OBP. He only walks about 20-25 times a year so to have an OBP of 380 he would have to hit 340.....I'd be happy if he hit 290-300 next year. This is the guy with a 359 lifetime BA in the minors though so maybe 340 is possible.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Music2004Man wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

.290???

Wow, I'm guessing these projections are for his prime. But .290 as a full time MLB player would crazy impressive.
The only thing that would surprise me about these numbers is the .380 OBP. Kendrick does not take walks. Given a .290 BA, a .340 OBP would probably be optimistic.

But other than the OBP, those numbers look reasonable to me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kendrick's career BA is .300+

The only number that I think will be really hard for him to get to is the 380 OBP. He only walks about 20-25 times a year so to have an OBP of 380 he would have to hit 340.....I'd be happy if he hit 290-300 next year. This is the guy with a 359 lifetime BA in the minors though so maybe 340 is possible.

In my defense my projections were based off of Wild Speculation. I would bet he walks more in his second season though
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:33 pm

Who's a better pick for next year and the future...Cano or Kendrick?

Mine is Cano next year, Kendrick in the future
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:41 pm

Trot Nixon wrote:Who's a better pick for next year and the future...Cano or Kendrick?

Mine is Cano next year, Kendrick in the future

Based on how Cano finished, I think a lot of people are expecting big things (I do not).

Kendrick's ceiling is higher and he seems to adjust well when advancing. I think he will be just as good as Cano with more potential.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigken117 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:51 pm

I read on a rumor site somewhere the Cubs were looking into moving Prior for him. If he (prior) could stay healthy that would work out for both teams.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:58 am

acsguitar wrote:
Music2004Man wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

.290???

In my defense my projections were based off of Wild Speculation. I would bet he walks more in his second season though
He won't. At least there's nothing in his minor league record to suggest he'd start walking at that rate so suddenly. To have an OBP .090 better than his BA would require him to double or triple his current walk rate, and given the fact that he's got like 4 seasons of consistently not walking, I'd be surprised if he started doing so now.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Hbj79 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:30 pm

He's Nomar at 2B.
An unemployed jester is nobody's fool.

[b]25[/b]
Hbj79