Need Runs - last-minute pickup thoughts? (Roto) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need Runs - last-minute pickup thoughts? (Roto)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:24 pm

willieroe wrote:Sigh. Forget it guys. Where's the delete key? :-[

Thanks. I know how to sort in Yahoo. I can figure it out. I was hoping that you had a good matchup or matchups in the back of your mind.

I'll take it from here.

Dude.......I'm not saying that you don't know how to sort in Yahoo but I'm looking for some help from you so that we can help you. Just saying "Who should I pick up?" is a little vague. If you listed the top 20 or so available players, it would have helped us immensely. Help us help you is all we're saying.

willieroe wrote:Well, I did give 6 names three posts ago. Just wondering why y'all didn't jump on this post:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23845

As I said, forget it.

It ain't personal. As you can see, there were a lot of players that were already taken because he didn't list the available guys. I know that it's getting down to crunch time but this is the time to relax, have a cold one, and watch your team bring you to victory.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:33 pm

willieroe wrote:
Madison wrote:Sorry, it is tough to guess as to who is availiable in your league. You could provide a link and we could check for ourselves if you prefer, and then give a recommendation. I hope things work out well for you. ;-D

Well, I did give 6 names three posts ago. Just wondering why y'all didn't jump on this post:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23845

As I said, forget it.

I didn't jump on this guy. Just asked for an idea of who was availiable. If you notice on the thread that you provided, I only named David Ortiz and that he was probably gone. It doesn't accomplish much to list a bunch of people that probably are not availiable. It's easier if we at least have a couple of names. ;-)

Since no names were being given, I gave him the "type" of hitters to look for. What's wrong with that?

I credit you for listing a few players, but unfortunately for all we know, they are all taken, or there might be a better option out there for him. Looks like we will never know. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:16 pm

Here are some of the guys available in my league. I would recommend Randa, Redman, or Biggio. Other than that, take your pick:

Randa, Joe (3B, DH-KC)
Redman, Tike (CF-Pit)
Johnson, Nick (1B, DH-NYY)
Lugo, Julio (SS-TB)
Biggio, Craig (2B, CF-Hou)
Wilkerson, Brad (CF, LF, 1B-Mon)
Durazo, Erubiel (1B, DH-Oak)
Baldelli, Rocco (CF-TB)
Burroughs, Sean (3B-SD)
Guiel, Aaron (RF-KC)
Bigbie, Larry (LF-Bal)
Ellis, Mark (2B-Oak)
Alomar, Roberto (2B-CWS)
Gerut, Jody (CF, RF, LF-Cle)
Mondesi, Raul (RF-Ari)
Guzman, Cristian (SS-Min)
Rivas, Luis (2B-Min)
Pierzynski, A.J. (C-Min)
Phelps, Josh (DH-Tor)
Crawford, Carl (LF-TB)
Ginter, Keith (3B, 2B-Mil)
Anderson, Marlon (2B-TB)
Alfonzo, Edgardo (3B-SF)
Stewart, Shannon (LF, DH-Min)
Stairs, Matt (RF, LF, 1B-Pit)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby willieroe » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:19 pm

(Let's see if I can get this in while FBC is up:)

The six names I gave earlier - Byrd, Redman from PIT, Randa, Belliard, Nick Johnson and Reed Johnson - are all on "my" free agent list.

It would be of little use to give y'all a list of the "top 20 free agents." Many of those are either veterans or are on teams that have clinched a playoff spot, and they probably won't be playing full-time the rest of the season. As I mentioned in my initial post, I need counting stats.

I'm looking for the "young hungry guys" such as those in the above list, who might fill in place of Bonds and a slumping Carl Crawford on my team. I'm looking for those "under the radar", as it were.

I'm sorry for being grumpy. I'm just excited to be able to sniff 1st place again after being 9-10 points back as recently as last week. The beer can wait.
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:26 pm

I would try Randa. He should get you some runs and also might get you some power numbers. Plus, they finish against the White Sox, who have packed it in ever since they pushed Buehrle back a day so that he wouldn't face the Yankees.
Lofunzo

Postby willieroe » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:36 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I would try Randa. He should get you some runs and also might get you some power numbers. Plus, they finish against the White Sox, who have packed it in ever since they pushed Buehrle back a day so that he wouldn't face the Yankees.

I'm thinking like you on Royals players vs. Sox, Lofunzo. Thanks. ;-D

I think that the Phillies will either be very good or very bad against the Braves, so I'm hedging on Byrd.
willieroe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers