Omaha's Kid Brags his Papi won $6,000!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Omaha's Kid Brags his Papi won $6,000!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby j24jags » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:07 pm

Congrats ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:14 am

Awesome job Omaha....Saddle-Creek is one of the better record labels out there (do you even have an idea what I am talking about?).
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:22 am

Phatferd wrote:Awesome job Omaha....Saddle-Creek is one of the better record labels out there (do you even have an idea what I am talking about?).


I definitely have 'an idea' what you're talking about. I used to play and tried desperately to get involved with a good band. I've met Robb a few times. Good guy. I knew the guys from The Faint for a while, parties and such, but I've been away for quite a while now. How do you know about SCR?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:32 am

Congrats, ORS. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby Phatferd » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:33 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Phatferd wrote:Awesome job Omaha....Saddle-Creek is one of the better record labels out there (do you even have an idea what I am talking about?).


I definitely have 'an idea' what you're talking about. I used to play and tried desperately to get involved with a good band. I've met Robb a few times. Good guy. I knew the guys from The Faint for a while, parties and such, but I've been away for quite a while now. How do you know about SCR?


When I was a Jr. in High School (2000) I got really into Bright Eyes and Cursive, which got me into The Good Life. I'm not so much of a Bright Eyes fan anymore (Fevers and Mirrors was a great album. Letting Off The Happiness is amazing if you think about the fact that he was like 15-16 when he wrote that stuff).

I got Domestica and was blown away. I then found "Novena on a Nocturn" from The Good Life and was just as impressed and loved the different sound Kashar made with that band. I then was totally blown away with Black Out.

I have seen Bright Eyes, The Good Life, Cursive, Desparcidos and Azure Ray live.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby Fireball Express » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:34 am

;-D Woo Hoo! ;-D
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:48 am

Phatferd wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Phatferd wrote:Awesome job Omaha....Saddle-Creek is one of the better record labels out there (do you even have an idea what I am talking about?).


I definitely have 'an idea' what you're talking about. I used to play and tried desperately to get involved with a good band. I've met Robb a few times. Good guy. I knew the guys from The Faint for a while, parties and such, but I've been away for quite a while now. How do you know about SCR?


When I was a Jr. in High School (2000) I got really into Bright Eyes and Cursive, which got me into The Good Life. I'm not so much of a Bright Eyes fan anymore (Fevers and Mirrors was a great album. Letting Off The Happiness is amazing if you think about the fact that he was like 15-16 when he wrote that stuff).

I got Domestica and was blown away. I then found "Novena on a Nocturn" from The Good Life and was just as impressed and loved the different sound Kashar made with that band. I then was totally blown away with Black Out.

I have seen Bright Eyes, The Good Life, Cursive, Desparcidos and Azure Ray live.


I'm a bit familiar with Bright Eyes, being a project of Robb's. Conor seemed always too big for whatever room he was in, but we actually jammed with a guy who worked with Bright Eyes. His name was Jeremy, I think. He played drums. Not sure how much he actually did with BE though. They seemed to have a revolving door...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Phatferd » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:52 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Phatferd wrote:Awesome job Omaha....Saddle-Creek is one of the better record labels out there (do you even have an idea what I am talking about?).


I definitely have 'an idea' what you're talking about. I used to play and tried desperately to get involved with a good band. I've met Robb a few times. Good guy. I knew the guys from The Faint for a while, parties and such, but I've been away for quite a while now. How do you know about SCR?


When I was a Jr. in High School (2000) I got really into Bright Eyes and Cursive, which got me into The Good Life. I'm not so much of a Bright Eyes fan anymore (Fevers and Mirrors was a great album. Letting Off The Happiness is amazing if you think about the fact that he was like 15-16 when he wrote that stuff).

I got Domestica and was blown away. I then found "Novena on a Nocturn" from The Good Life and was just as impressed and loved the different sound Kashar made with that band. I then was totally blown away with Black Out.

I have seen Bright Eyes, The Good Life, Cursive, Desparcidos and Azure Ray live.


I'm a bit familiar with Bright Eyes, being a project of Robb's. Conor seemed always too big for whatever room he was in, but we actually jammed with a guy who worked with Bright Eyes. His name was Jeremy, I think. He played drums. Not sure how much he actually did with BE though. They seemed to have a revolving door...


I think Conor is an amazing writer, but he has seemed to become too comfortable being what has made him successful and stopped progressing and trying new things. He found what worked for him and has made 4 records that are all the same.

I am a huge Tim Kashar fan and think he is awesome. Between Cursive and The Good Life you get the best of both worlds.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:45 am

I was keeping an eye on that count, didn't get to it though.

Congrats bud, keep up the good work.

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8778
(Past Year: 364)
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DevilDriver » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:10 am

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Image
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3431
Joined: 4 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beast mode

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 2:31 hours
(and 100 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact