what do you say .. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what do you say ..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what do you say ..

Postby wrveres » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:14 am

another 30- 50 million a year should fix this problem, no?

Zito,
Schmidt.
That Japense dude?

what ever it takes right Mets fans? we will just go buy it.

BTW, I hope you held on to the reciept for that 3B of yours .. (.143 BA) what a choke artist. A solo shot is not what I would consider contributing. I think you all should lean on your Yankee brethren for advice on this one. They always know best. They are some of the smartest fans I have ever seen when it comes to motivating ballplayers.

Oh and that Billy dude, what were you thinking? He stinks. Horrible .. My gosh. Run him out of town, already ... right .. ?

So come on Mets fans, chins up! it is not your money, and you should be used to this by now .. Hey its the Mets .. Come on down and greet the Mets ...

lets go spend another 30 million in free agency, that will always put a smile on those sad little mugs for ya .. ..

so ya got 30 mill.
who ya buying? :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:22 am

i don't know what i'd rather want. a team that spends over $100 million in team salary and ends up not making the show. or a team that spends $30 million and is out of contention by June.
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:22 am

Diesel.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 348)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby nikku88 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:02 am

bigh0rt wrote:Diesel.


No Razor Ramon? :-D
Image
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1438
Joined: 10 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka

Postby number9 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:27 am

HG
number9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 446
Joined: 2 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: far far away

Re: what do you say ..

Postby JTWood » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:38 pm

wrveres wrote:BTW, I hope you held on to the reciept for that 3B of yours .. (.143 BA) what a choke artist.

I heard that the Cubs were very interested.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:06 pm

Old_Style wrote:i don't know what i'd rather want. a team that spends over $100 million in team salary and ends up not making the show. or a team that spends $30 million and is out of contention by June.


Yeah, it's too bad that New Yorkers actually like baseball and support their team by going to games. It must suck to be a ball club with all that money and nowhere to spend it.

Although, i must admit, that the team that spends just $30 million and DOES make it to the show is very exciting. But look at Pittsburgh; that town doesn't even like baseball. Why should they get the money to go after big-name players?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby acsguitar » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:27 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Old_Style wrote:i don't know what i'd rather want. a team that spends over $100 million in team salary and ends up not making the show. or a team that spends $30 million and is out of contention by June.


Yeah, it's too bad that New Yorkers actually like baseball and support their team by going to games. It must suck to be a ball club with all that money and nowhere to spend it.

Although, i must admit, that the team that spends just $30 million and DOES make it to the show is very exciting. But look at Pittsburgh; that town doesn't even like baseball. Why should they get the money to go after big-name players?


Well the fact that the Rockies sux is good because tickets, food, beer, etc are cheap and I can sit wherever I want.

It sux because I don't get to experience the playoffs ever
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:40 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Old_Style wrote:i don't know what i'd rather want. a team that spends over $100 million in team salary and ends up not making the show. or a team that spends $30 million and is out of contention by June.


Yeah, it's too bad that New Yorkers actually like baseball and support their team by going to games. It must suck to be a ball club with all that money and nowhere to spend it.

Although, i must admit, that the team that spends just $30 million and DOES make it to the show is very exciting. But look at Pittsburgh; that town doesn't even like baseball. Why should they get the money to go after big-name players?


Well the fact that the Rockies sux is good because tickets, food, beer, etc are cheap and I can sit wherever I want.

It sux because I don't get to experience the playoffs ever


That's a good way to look at it; I bet Coors Field has the best beer. Unless it's Coors.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:08 pm

who's the oldest SP on the free agent market? im sure that is the guy omar is locked in on right now.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact