Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Let's Talk World Series...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:29 pm

JTWood wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:
JTWood wrote:Extra ticket? 8-o

O:-) O:-) O:-)

yeah my brother probably cant get off work. he would be driving from chicago so he'd have to take two days off since game 5 would be on thursday. my sister lives in stl but she doesnt really like baseball. she must be a communist or something. she goes to games but i cant really in good conscious just let a casual fan go to the world series. the rest of my friends are cubs or sox fans. so if my brother cant make it i have to decide if my conscience will allow me to scalp a ticket for eleventy billion dollars or if i should find a worthy fan since scalping is illegal in the state of missouri. i will know a little more on monday.

If it helps your decision, I would have no qualms about paying you a very fair amount for the ticket.

$2.50 sound okay? ;-7 :-D

Damn JT. :-t

Sluggers would have offered at least $10. ;-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:31 pm

On another note, did you guys see this? Worst World Series team ever? I don't know, but it's gotta be better than the "best NLCS loser" ever... :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:02 pm

JTWood wrote:
$2.50 sound okay? ;-7 :-D

world series standing room only ticket face value - $50.00
convenience fee even though i didnt find it very convenient - $7.00
delivery fee even though they made me choose will call - $8.00
having the charge on my credit card reversed because the series is over in 4 games...priceless.

On another note, did you guys see this? Worst World Series team ever? I don't know, but it's gotta be better than the "best NLCS loser" ever... biggrin.gif

i saw that. its definitely better than best nlcs loser (although maybe the 2005 cardinals are in the running for that). i tell you right now i dont really remember what the cardinals record was and being the NL champs has almost made me forget all those crappy jason marquis starts. i only remember enough of them so that i have absolutely no desire to see him pitch for the cardinals again. this team is a different team than the one that won 80 whatever games. different starters. different closer. different 2b.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:27 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:On another note, did you guys see this? Worst World Series team ever? I don't know, but it's gotta be better than the "best NLCS loser" ever... :-D
:-b
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:53 am

I still firmly believe much of what I wrote here (especially about modeling the franchise after certain other teams) .. though the recent 180 has knocked the edge off a little. O:-)

This clearly wan't the Tigers we watched sweep the Yankees (for all intents and purposes) and A's .. it wasn't even close. The Tigers were "rusty", no doubt about it, but you don't go from sweeps to 7-2 losses at home simply due to rust, so my confidence in this team has gone from zero to sky high in the time it took them to go from throwing up on themselves to a 1-0 advantage in the WS. :-D And don't tell me I was the only one thinking Reyes was in trouble early when he fell into his rut of getting two quick outs and not finishing off the side allowing two out rallies ... please? :-o

I know they won't be able to keep the Tigers down much longer, but at least there won't be another sweep ... something else I was wrong about. O:-)

This is random, but I thought I'd just throw it out there ... could you imagine if this is finally the real Reyes and they still had Haren? 8-o

Carpenter
Haren
Reyes
Wainwright
Suppan

:-L :-L :-L

I know hindsight is 20/20 and when the deal was made Carp/Mulder/Reyes/Wainwright/Suppan was equally impressive, but it was Billy Freakin Beane they were dealing with. :-b I mean, look at Hudson even, it's like the guy really is god or something. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby JTWood » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:14 am

Big Pimpin wrote:On another note, did you guys see this? Worst World Series team ever? I don't know, but it's gotta be better than the "best NLCS loser" ever... :-D

Of course, they are about to compete in the Fall Classic, which is probably why Cardinal Nation couldn't care less about their historical standing.

And we didn't care about the rest of your article, either, Dayn.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to St. Louis Cardinals