NFL Dirty Bomb Threat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NFL Dirty Bomb Threat

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bleach168 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:16 am

Oklahoma City style bombing is what scares me. Easy to do. Very lethal. Very scary.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:25 am

Melo255 wrote:
bronxxbomber wrote:I always thought these extremists would go for the financial centers of the world. I mean that's where it would really hurt. The US lost billions on the exchange with that attack (nyse closed on a non holiday. scary). I can't imagine what kind of ripple effect if the exchanges were knocked out for more than a day.

I've been saying this since 9/11. I can't think of a single potential target that would devastate this country more than if the New York Stock Exchange were destroyed. Our country would be severely crippled. Scary thought.

Have you walked by the NYSE since 9/11? No cars can drive by it and there's guards with some pretty heavy duty armor and rifles walking around. They aren't going to mess with that.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:17 am

JD and JT.

Thanks for saying I'm totally wrong on my OPINION.

I agree its a scary thing but I'm just coming up with ideas why "I" think that they wouldn't do it.

As for the dirty bomb I was under the impression it was something more devastating on the destruction level.

Anyways OPINION. O-P-I-N-I-O-N

I'm not trying to pass any of that off as fact.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:45 am

Opinions can be wrong.

edit: I should clarify that I'm not necessarily saying that your opinion is wrong, in fact, I didn't read your post. Just that the argument is pretty flimsy, as opinions are often wrong.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:30 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Opinions can be wrong.

edit: I should clarify that I'm not necessarily saying that your opinion is wrong, in fact, I didn't read your post. Just that the argument is pretty flimsy, as opinions are often wrong.

Ok fine...but if I'm saying I don't believe someone would do something how are you gonna say I'm wrong unless that thing actually happens..

The earth could on day turn into a rabbit .... am I wrong? Not neccessarily. We haven't seen yet.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:36 pm

acsguitar wrote:
The earth could on day turn into a rabbit .... am I wrong? Not neccessarily. We haven't seen yet.

8-o

acs.. this quote is almost sig worthy.. :-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:12 pm

i cant prove osama was lying when he said he wanted nukes, but then again i didnt say your opinion was wrong, i said it didnt make any sense. osama has wet dreams about nukes. we have known this since well before 9/11. he has been trying to buy or build one for decades. associates of his were arrested in the 90's trying to buy enriched uranium. its not bad CIA intel either. this info is straight out of his mouth from interviews with him before he went underground. he views it as his religious duty to get weapons to defend muslims. the nuke is ultimate weapon.

1. Our fire power is so much more massive then theirs: Its easier for them to take out 3,000 people (a relatively small amount) compared to 100,000. That way we don't get too pissed off. Taking out 100,000 people would pretty much sign the death wish of every Muslim in the world. There would be no forgiveness of any of them. Now there are millions and millions of Good muslim people in this world. By killing off that many people you would basically see a slaughter of the Muslim faithful no matter if they were good or bad. Nukes are not a game and if one goes off attributed to Islam you can bet you arse that every Mosque is burned to the ground in the this country and most other civilized ones. You can also BYA that Islams/Muslims who show up in public will be killed on the spot. The Radicals have to be aware of this.

i dont think muslims, en masse, would be killed in retaliation, but thats my opinion. here are the facts:

(1) osama isnt associated with any one country so there really isnt any one to retalliate against. who would we bomb in return? we'd bomb some suspected training camps and thats about it. if we could do more to fight terrorism bush would have already done it. thats one battle in which he desperately needs a victory.
(2) muslims that are friendly to the US arent true followers in the eyes of osama so he doesnt care if they are harmed in retaliation
(3) any true followers that die are martyrs and thus heroes.
(4) U.S. retaliation would cause more muslims to dislike the U.S. and could cause more people to follow osama

retaliation isnt something osama fears. he pretty much welcomes it. he wants to drive a wedge between the east and the west. he wants to cause a conflict. he wants muslims to pick up weapons and start fighting the west. one way to kick start that is to strike the west first.

2. They want to see us scared: Its probably much more satisfying for them to take out small targets and mess with our minds then take out a huge target which would basically turn us all immediately. The country is 50/50 on the whole war etc...Nukes would make 100 pecent of us against the islamic world. Keeping us scared would probably be more satisfying.

yes, osama wants to see us scared. a dirty bomb or a real nuke would definitely do that. nothing is scarier than a nuke. he doesnt care if it would turn us all immediately because he hates all of us anyway and he doesnt fear the retaliation.

3. Technology: I'm pretty sure dirty bombs aren't a light a fuse type thing. North Korea has been trying for years and years to create a real Nuke and it went wrong.

i think you have discovered from the research that dirty bombs are more simple than real nukes.

4. They would have already done it: If there goal is to terrify americans the best way to do it is to plan small attacks and claim bigger ones. 9/11 was big but not nuke big. Why even do 9/11 if you are planning bigger things. 9/11 made us step up our defense if you want to destroy someone you catch them with their guard down. Our Guard is way up.

the modus operandi of al quaeda is large scale coordinated attacks. your opinion about which is the best way is thus irrelevant. we dont need to know the best way, we only need to know al quaeda's way of doing things.

5. The easiest targets are overseas: Targeting a Football stadium that has been alerted about an attack is a stupid thing to do. Getting bombs into this country is not an easy task especially in complete form. The best targets are unfortunately our military and overseas bases. I'd think a dirty bomb would have already gone off in Afghanistan/Iraq if they existed.

the easiest targets are indeed overseas, but those arent the most desirable targets. time and again osama has said he wants to strike US soil.

so basically, i dont think your opinion makes any sense.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to General Talk