I've had several guys ask for more specifics so let me try to give you a basic idea of what I had in mind but remember NOTHING is set in stone right now.
- 10 team, 25 man rosters
- Player Universe - All ML
- possibly a 7-10 man minor league system
- 5x5 Roto Scoring system that would include the following stat categories: W, ERA, WHIP, K's, SV, HR, RBI, R, SB, OBP(instead of AVG.- after all this a league for A's fans
- Roster Spots -
-Starting Lineup - C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF(3), UTIL, 8(P) - innings limit TBD.
- 8 Bench Spots
- League will be 100% free, we play for pride though maybe we could work out a trophy or something.
- At the end of every season each team will choose to keep up to 8 players, though you don't have to keep that many. The rest of the players will be thrown back in the pool to be re-drafted at the start of every season.
- During the season the league will be run on yahoo.
- We will have an additional site (possibly an invision board or yahoo group) that we will use as a forum to talk A's baseball, as well as to keep track of rosters and player movement during the offseason. (This is all providing I can get someone to setup and run this additional site as I'm not great with that kind of stuff, the yahoo site I can take care of).
- League commissioner
- We can have up to 3 commissioners that will run the league, settle trade disputes, etc. I will likely take 1 spot and choose 1 or 2 others who are interested in helping out or we can vote on it.
- Draft time TBD
- If we can find a site that runs drafts or if we can figure out a way to do it efficiently we may have a draft any time from November to February. If not, we will wait until yahoo gets its site up and running next season and do it on there (likely the end of Feb.).
- Minor League Prospect Draft
- If we choose to include this aspect of the league. The draft will likely take place before the regular MLB draft. Rights to drafted prospects will remain with a team until the player is called up to full-time duty in the ML and placed on a team's 25 man roster. At the end of the players 1st season they must be designated as a keeper or released back into the player pool.
More info to come. Keep posting any ideas you may have in this thread or drop me a message. If anyone wants to help me with the technical aspects, particularly if you've been in leagues like this before, I'd really appreciate it.....
Last edited by Afan4Life on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.