Another Crazy Driver Story - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Another Crazy Driver Story

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby decoy562 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:19 pm

acsguitar wrote:
RyanK wrote:I want to resit the urge to post this and see how long ACS and Cop an talk to themselves in this thread....


Huh I'm confused


He was really wanting to see how long you two would carry the conversation on by yourselves. :-D
-Go Braves!
decoy562
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 565
Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:19 pm

acsguitar wrote:
RyanK wrote:I want to resit the urge to post this and see how long ACS and Cop an talk to themselves in this thread....


Huh I'm confused


He didn't want to separate you and Cu from whispering sweet nothings...
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 6597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:29 pm

Madison wrote:Stopping in a road to let someone out of the car is a $200 fine here.


I wasn't holding up traffic. It was a stop sign. Someone got out of the car at the stop sign. I only stopped for a longer time because the guy was beeping his horn like a maniac.

If the cops say anything or send me a ticket I'll be contesting it in court.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:32 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:Stopping in a road to let someone out of the car is a $200 fine here.


I wasn't holding up traffic. It was a stop sign. Someone got out of the car at the stop sign. I only stopped for a longer time because the guy was beeping his horn like a maniac.

If the cops say anything or send me a ticket I'll be contesting it in court.


Stop sign is irrelevant. There's one in front of my son's school as well. Doesn't stop the police from writing tickets when they drop kids off in the morning while stopping at the sign, or picking them up in the afternoons either.

I'd call to find out what the local policy is on it, but that's just me. :-°
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:51 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:Stopping in a road to let someone out of the car is a $200 fine here.


I wasn't holding up traffic. It was a stop sign. Someone got out of the car at the stop sign. I only stopped for a longer time because the guy was beeping his horn like a maniac.

If the cops say anything or send me a ticket I'll be contesting it in court.


Stop sign is irrelevant. There's one in front of my son's school as well. Doesn't stop the police from writing tickets when they drop kids off in the morning while stopping at the sign, or picking them up in the afternoons either.

I'd call to find out what the local policy is on it, but that's just me. :-°


Yeah, what Mad is saying is correct. I know I wouldn't report someone involved in the same incident and the fella you speak of doesn't sound like he has anything to do. I believe the maximum time you have stopped at the stop sign is three seconds before traffic clears. I don't know if it's any different in Colorado, but I remember this while taking driver's ed in HS. In this situation, I suppose the police would interpret it as a double-park and penalize you for it. Again, this probably differs from state to state, county to county, but I don't think you can use a stop as a dropoff spot.
Image

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21947
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:53 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:Stopping in a road to let someone out of the car is a $200 fine here.


I wasn't holding up traffic. It was a stop sign. Someone got out of the car at the stop sign. I only stopped for a longer time because the guy was beeping his horn like a maniac.

If the cops say anything or send me a ticket I'll be contesting it in court.


Stop sign is irrelevant. There's one in front of my son's school as well. Doesn't stop the police from writing tickets when they drop kids off in the morning while stopping at the sign, or picking them up in the afternoons either.

I'd call to find out what the local policy is on it, but that's just me. :-°


Yeah, what Mad is saying is correct. I know I wouldn't report someone involved in the same incident and the fella you speak of doesn't sound like he has anything to do. I believe the maximum time you have stopped at the stop sign is three seconds before traffic clears. I don't know if it's any different in Colorado, but I remember this while taking driver's ed in HS. In this situation, I suppose the police would interpret it as a double-park and penalize you for it. Again, this probably differs from state to state, county to county, but I don't think you can use a stop as a dropoff spot.


Well i think I'll report this guy as an aggressive driver. He was tailgaiting me to get my tags and honked his horn multiple times.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Another Crazy Driver Story

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:58 pm

acsguitar wrote:Anyways has anyone been "reported" by another driver? Just wondering what I can expect. I assume cops have better things to do then listen to loonies tell stories about how they were late to work because someone stopped for 5 seconds at a stop sign.


i dont think they can do anything. its your word against his. just dont tell the police you let someone out of your car. and tell them you saw the other driver's car moving erratically while he was talking on a cell phone. i dont think they would even follow up on it though.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Re: Another Crazy Driver Story

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:22 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Anyways has anyone been "reported" by another driver? Just wondering what I can expect. I assume cops have better things to do then listen to loonies tell stories about how they were late to work because someone stopped for 5 seconds at a stop sign.


i dont think they can do anything. its your word against his. just dont tell the police you let someone out of your car. and tell them you saw the other driver's car moving erratically while he was talking on a cell phone. i dont think they would even follow up on it though.


I just sent his plates and description to the aggressive driver board in colorado.

If it happens three times he gets a letter shaming him...ha

Anyways it made me feel good :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby RyanK » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:06 pm

acsguitar wrote:
RyanK wrote:I want to resit the urge to post this and see how long ACS and Cop an talk to themselves in this thread....


Huh I'm confused


You and Coppermine were going back and forth without anyone posting.. i wanted to see how long it would last..

As for letting someone out at a Stop sign... Id imagine thats rather rediculous to give a fine or that it is breaking the law.. but there are some very dumb laws in this country
Image
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 2839
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:12 pm

RyanK wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
RyanK wrote:I want to resit the urge to post this and see how long ACS and Cop an talk to themselves in this thread....


Huh I'm confused


You and Coppermine were going back and forth without anyone posting.. i wanted to see how long it would last..

As for letting someone out at a Stop sign... Id imagine thats rather rediculous to give a fine or that it is breaking the law.. but there are some very dumb laws in this country


See when you said Cop I thought you ment police and was confused
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 10:12 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact