Another Crazy Driver Story - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Another Crazy Driver Story

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another Crazy Driver Story

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:40 am

So I'm driving to work and my girlfriend asks that I drop her off on the corner (make jokes its cool) near her school. I'm like ok

So I pull up to the stop sign or at least relatively close to the stop sign it was really bright.

There is no one behind me so I let her out and I see this guy speeding towards me from about 100 yards beeping his horn like a maniac. So I decide to just sit there and let him beep away for a few seconds. Why? Because beeping your horn is a stupid thing to do unless there is some sort of danger or someone is being grossly neglegant or dumb at the wheel. I stopped at a stop sign for less then 5 seconds to let someone out of the car.

Anyways He keeps beeping so I just sit there. Probably not for long only like another 5 seconds though and then I fake to get out of the car. I see the guy start scrambling to take his seatbelt off then I drive away.

So he starts following me and getting on the phone and writing things down. So I figure he's taking my plates down to call the cops like a loser.

So I pull up next to him and ask him to roll his window down and calmly say "Whats your problem I'm at a stop sign I can let someone out of my car"

In his bets Robot Voice "Sir, are you aware that you have broken the law. The law states that you must stop at a stop sign and then immediately move your car when traffic is clear. You will be hearing from an officier"

So I say "Ok buddy" and drive away.

Anyways has anyone been "reported" by another driver? Just wondering what I can expect. I assume cops have better things to do then listen to loonies tell stories about how they were late to work because someone stopped for 5 seconds at a stop sign.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:47 am

Hahahahahaha, what a loser!

What you did was perfectly legal, if anything he should be ticketed... but even if you had broken the law, say, you ran the stop sign completely; he can tell all the cops he wants, but when something involves minor traffic violations and no cops were around to see it, it's your word against his.

If he calls the police, they'll laugh at him... or take his information and laugh once they hang up.

Also... he used a robot voice? What's up with that?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:14 am

Coppermine wrote:Hahahahahaha, what a loser!

What you did was perfectly legal, if anything he should be ticketed... but even if you had broken the law, say, you ran the stop sign completely; he can tell all the cops he wants, but when something involves minor traffic violations and no cops were around to see it, it's your word against his.

If he calls the police, they'll laugh at him... or take his information and laugh once they hang up.

Well it wasn't a robot voice but it was like. Sir.. are... you ... a- ware... that ... you ... have.... bro...ken.... the ..... law..

And he had a funny haircut his head was shaved but he had like a soul patch on the top of his head that looked like airplane wings
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:17 am

acsguitar wrote:

Well it wasn't a robot voice but it was like. Sir.. are... you ... a- ware... that ... you ... have.... bro...ken.... the ..... law..

And he had a funny haircut his head was shaved but he had like a soul patch on the top of his head that looked like airplane wings

So basically he was a weirdo freakshow? Sounds like he thinks he's doing his part to "fight crime." Was he wearing a cape?
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:19 am

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

So basically he was a weirdo freakshow? Sounds like he thinks he's doing his part to "fight crime." Was he wearing a cape?

Nope not wearing a cape...He was in the airforce I think cause his plates said so...my dad was in the airforce so I'm not dissing them or nothin....

Hopefully the cops aren't like "Well he's in the airforce he must be telling the truth"
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:24 am

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Nope not wearing a cape...He was in the airforce I think cause his plates said so...my dad was in the airforce so I'm not dissing them or nothin....

Hopefully the cops aren't like "Well he's in the airforce he must be telling the truth"

I doubt it works like that. He probably peeled potatoes in the air force.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I doubt it works like that. He probably peeled potatoes in the air force.

He was driving a Cadallac...but its probably leased
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RyanK » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:14 pm

I want to resit the urge to post this and see how long ACS and Cop an talk to themselves in this thread....
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:16 pm

RyanK wrote:I want to resit the urge to post this and see how long ACS and Cop an talk to themselves in this thread....

Huh I'm confused
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:18 pm

Stopping in a road to let someone out of the car is a $200 fine here. I watch the police ticket people all the time in front of my son's school. I walked past one when the officer told the lady the fine was $200 and she was freaking out. I couldn't help but laugh. Once I picked up my son and was walking back to my car (which was in the parking lot across the street) the officer said something about me finding the whole thing funny. I told him it served her right for holding up traffic and that I thought it was funny she was going to have to pay $200 for being stupid, selfish, and self-centered. He told me if I ever saw anyone do the same as her to simply jot down her license plate # and give the police a call. I must have looked at him funny as he explained that they would mail the registered owner of the car a ticket, and it would be noted in the computer system (the computers that the police have in their cars), so if that car was ever pulled over again, the officer would know about that incident. Of course, failure to pay within the time frame stated on the ticket would result in a warrant being issued for their arrest.

Now I'm not saying what you did is the same, but at the same time, I wouldn't be too quick to blow it off. I've never called about something like that, and don't plan to, so I have no idea. Just know what I was told. Probably best to call your local police department and see what their policy is on something like that. Say you want to report someone who did it or something, then you don't have to give away that you're the guy who did it, and you get to find out how they will handle it (if at all). ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk