Cubs want Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cubs want Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RJ24VC15 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:51 pm

What makes you think A-Rod would be on the Cubs.
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:51 pm

acsguitar wrote:Pierre had the most hits in the NL

And a .330 OBP to go along with it.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ThatDude » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:53 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
Yoda wrote:Soriano would be a perfect fit for that team. Scrubbies don't care about OBP... :-D
I mean come on, why would you make a whole lineup filled with guys just swinging for the fences? Does this make sense to anyone? At least last year they tried something different with Pierre but that blew up in their face so now they are going back to trying to hit 5 solo shots a game. :-P

Pierre had the most hits in the NL

He also had the most AB's, and I believe he had the lowest batting average for someone with 200 hits in the history of the game.

That .330 OBP is pretty pathetic too.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mak1277 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:58 pm

If I had a choice, I'd take Soriano (at $14 or $15 million a year) over A-Rod (at $16 million a year plus the loss of whatever it takes to get him in a trade).
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:00 pm

mak1277 wrote:If I had a choice, I'd take Soriano (at $14 or $15 million a year) over A-Rod (at $16 million a year plus the loss of whatever it takes to get him in a trade).

I wouldn't. I'd still take Arod over Soriano if money is not an issue (and trust me, money is not an issue for the Scrubbies).
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:02 pm

mak1277 wrote:If I had a choice, I'd take Soriano (at $14 or $15 million a year) over A-Rod (at $16 million a year plus the loss of whatever it takes to get him in a trade).

I agree but that's only cause I think it would take C-Zam to get A-Rod in a trade. If it was just salary I'd easily give the extra million or 2 to get A-Rod over Soriano.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:02 pm

I predict Soriano is wearing a SF Giants uniform next year.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby ThatDude » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:03 pm

Yoda wrote:

I wouldn't. I'd still take Arod over Soriano if money is not an issue (and trust me, money is not an issue for the Scrubbies).

I keep hearing that the Yankees would want Zambrano in any Arod trade, so if it's a choice between having Zambrano and Soriano or just having Arod, I'll take Zambrano and Soriano.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JustAnotherYanksFan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:06 pm

Yoda wrote:

Yeah, I mean it really depends what they'd have to give up for A-Rod. I'd MUCH, much rather have A-Rod on my team that Soriano, but if I sign Soriano all I lose is money, whereas if I trade for A-Rod I not only am paying him just as much but I'm also probably giving up some good prospects.
JustAnotherYanksFan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:06 pm

the cubs have some money to spend and they want to make a splash. they lost in the ratings to the white sox and that made the owners a little unhappy. soriano is the kind of big splash they need to get people watching again. doesnt matter if he is the best fit for the team or not. he isnt exactly a bad player either.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers