on line survers scams or real deal? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

on line survers scams or real deal?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

on line survers scams or real deal?

Postby rob0417 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:10 pm

My wife is pregent and we are looking at ways for her to stay home and raise the kid. The problem is we are going to need a little extra money every month. So we are looking for something that she can do at home part time. i have found a website that claims you can earn money by filling out online surveys and earn some extra cash. The site charges a small membership fee, and i am little concerned that this might be some sort of scam. Has anyone ever tried this and if so does it work. Also if anyone has any legal suggestions, that we could do I would appreciate that.

tHanks
rob0417
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 447
Joined: 16 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:25 pm

Dude EBAY!!!

Look on craigslist for things like video game systems and sell them on EBAY.

I bought a Gamecube for 75 bucks with 2 controllers and like 6 games.

Sold on ebay for like 120...

Stuff like that. Find stuff and sell on ebay ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:51 pm

paid online surveys arent scams, but paying someone a membership fee for a list of marketing research companies is a scam. you can sign up with the marketing research companies (like harris) directly. you probably arent going to make big bucks either. you usually get only a few surveys per month and not all of them pay so its not a good option if you need to make a certain amount of money each month. if you are really ambitious you would sign up with as many marketing research companies as possible. the downside is that some of the legit places pay out in points or gift certificates instead of cash.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:56 pm

You can sell Gift Certificates on ebay though
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:32 pm

acsguitar wrote:Dude EBAY!!!

Look on craigslist for things like video game systems and sell them on EBAY.

I bought a Gamecube for 75 bucks with 2 controllers and like 6 games.

Sold on ebay for like 120...

Stuff like that. Find stuff and sell on ebay ;-D


That's a lot of work for a lady with a kid though..

find item on Craigslist

drive to item's location, buy item

photograph item, list on Ebay

wait a week

deal with pain in the butt buyer (if item sells)

package item securely

drive to postal store to mail item, pay for postage

Ebaying stuff is just a huge pain.
Image
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Postby Madison » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:20 pm

Never found a legit one, so can't help, and can't tell you it's a good idea. I'd be very careful.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:22 pm

Simulacrum wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Dude EBAY!!!

Look on craigslist for things like video game systems and sell them on EBAY.

I bought a Gamecube for 75 bucks with 2 controllers and like 6 games.

Sold on ebay for like 120...

Stuff like that. Find stuff and sell on ebay ;-D


That's a lot of work for a lady with a kid though..

find item on Craigslist

drive to item's location, buy item

photograph item, list on Ebay

wait a week

deal with pain in the butt buyer (if item sells)

package item securely

drive to postal store to mail item, pay for postage

Ebaying stuff is just a huge pain.


If the item is close by its not. Still you can probably make more money drop shipping then doing surveys
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby rob0417 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:32 pm

Just what I thought seemed to good to be true
rob0417
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 447
Joined: 16 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RyanK » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:50 pm

yeah me being broke Ive spent the last week trying to do surveys online for money, I found one decent site, Opinionoutpost, but you gotta usually register withyour credit card for things and then they pay you and then you gotta cancel your free membership before they charge you. But I just had a 15 dollar charge on my card for something I cancled over the phone and now Ive deleted everything about that producting thinking I had cancled it. So Im just gonna cancel my account when I go home at thanksgiving from school and get a Bank of America account so I dont get hit with ATM fees at school anyways.
Image
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 2839
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:56 pm

RyanK wrote:yeah me being broke Ive spent the last week trying to do surveys online for money, I found one decent site, Opinionoutpost, but you gotta usually register withyour credit card for things and then they pay you and then you gotta cancel your free membership before they charge you. But I just had a 15 dollar charge on my card for something I cancled over the phone and now Ive deleted everything about that producting thinking I had cancled it. So Im just gonna cancel my account when I go home at thanksgiving from school and get a Bank of America account so I dont get hit with ATM fees at school anyways.

I did something through freevideogames.com with stuff like that. You had to sign up for free trials and then you got points. The points were redeemed for video game systems, games, accesories, etc. I probably paid $15 through the trials and stuff, and got about $150 worth of games. I also got a ton of free crap through the trials like happy pills and these plastic feng shui coins. I did get a $20 Circuit City gift card through one of them though, so make that $170 back to me.

I wouldn't do it again though. I was really stressed out having to call all the places to cancel the free trials before they started charging.
Image
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11485
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Beantown

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scarnicease and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact