Pepsi's Caps for Caps - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pepsi's Caps for Caps

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:44 am

Coppermine wrote:Is coffee drinking out of style? A lot of younger guys I work with won't go near the stuff. I can barely function without it.

At least it's better than Red Bull; it still has about half the caffeine of a cup of coffee and I can do without the added calories.

I know what you mean - I'm one of those guys.

But, there will always be the Starbucks yuppies around to keep it in style. :-P
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:44 am

Coppermine wrote:Is coffee drinking out of style? A lot of younger guys I work with won't go near the stuff. I can barely function without it.

At least it's better than Red Bull; it still has about half the caffeine of a cup of coffee and I can do without the added calories.

My Main beef with coffee other then it makes me freak out is that its hot!

I want a cold beverage not a hot one. Even skiing I want cold water to drink. Hot stuff stinks.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:52 am

acsguitar wrote:

I want a cold beverage not a hot one. Even skiing I want cold water to drink. Hot stuff stinks.

See, I know people who get hot chocolate instead of coffee... it's not the same!

Also, i have an awesome coffee maker with a temperature setting; I don't like my coffee radioactive either, so I keep it at the lowest temp. It's perfect.

If I keep myself to two cups in the morning, i'm good... more than that and I start feeling weird. I have a tendency to make a pot on the weekends and just keep drinking it until I feel like my heart is going to explode, so that's not the best idea. I guess there is a lot of conflicting research about the health effects of caffeine; some say it's fine in moderations, others say that a cup or two a day can actually be good for you; and of course, if you drink a lot of it, you're probably destroying your kidneys.

Also, i rarely go to Starbucks, but when i do, I consider it a special occasion. I think I'm the only yuppie in my town though; I don't drive a pickup truck, i tuck my shirt in to go to work, and I listen to NPR.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:22 am

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

See, I know people who get hot chocolate instead of coffee... it's not the same!

Also, i have an awesome coffee maker with a temperature setting; I don't like my coffee radioactive either, so I keep it at the lowest temp. It's perfect.

If I keep myself to two cups in the morning, i'm good... more than that and I start feeling weird. I have a tendency to make a pot on the weekends and just keep drinking it until I feel like my heart is going to explode, so that's not the best idea. I guess there is a lot of conflicting research about the health effects of caffeine; some say it's fine in moderations, others say that a cup or two a day can actually be good for you; and of course, if you drink a lot of it, you're probably destroying your kidneys.

Also, i rarely go to Starbucks, but when i do, I consider it a special occasion. I think I'm the only yuppie in my town though; I don't drive a pickup truck, i tuck my shirt in to go to work, and I listen to NPR.

Well Coffee has Caffeine. Caffeine isn't per say good for you but it does provide clarity. It also effects the part of your brain that controls anxiety and awareness.

So having your body in a constant state of Panic all day even a mild one probably isn't the best thing ever.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:27 am

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Well Coffee has Caffeine. Caffeine isn't per say good for you but it does provide clarity. It also effects the part of your brain that controls anxiety and awareness.

So having your body in a constant state of Panic all day even a mild one probably isn't the best thing ever.

Yeah, but I never, ever drink coffee after noon. I'm about to polish off my second (and last) cup now. I feel pretty good, or at least I know I wouldn't feel pretty good if not for the caffeine; is that a sign of addiction? I chuckle at people who think they're "addicted" to Mountain Dew because of the caffeine.. the Dew may have a lot of caffeine as opposed to other soda's but still not even close to as much as a cup of coffee. If you're addicted to Mountain Dew, it just means you're addicted to sugar.

I do feel better after a cup of coffee, but as long as I don't have more than my two cups a day, I don't ever feel weird.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 am

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Yeah, but I never, ever drink coffee after noon. I'm about to polish off my second (and last) cup now. I feel pretty good, or at least I know I wouldn't feel pretty good if not for the caffeine; is that a sign of addiction? I chuckle at people who think they're "addicted" to Mountain Dew because of the caffeine.. the Dew may have a lot of caffeine as opposed to other soda's but still not even close to as much as a cup of coffee. If you're addicted to Mountain Dew, it just means you're addicted to sugar.

I do feel better after a cup of coffee, but as long as I don't have more than my two cups a day, I don't ever feel weird.

I think the lack of sugar in coffee makes the caffeine hit to hard and the fact that it has 5 times the caffeine of soda in a smaller serving.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RyanK » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:10 pm

Interesting thread.... :-?

We go from trying to collect caps so Sluggers doesnt have to go to Sal Army this month, to JT bashing sluggers, to Sluggers sleeping with JTs wife and JT sleeping with sluggers wife :-° , then to talks about Mad being slightly insane, then to talk about energy drinks, then to if coffee is "in or not"... crazy I tell you

But Ive never had coffee and dont really plan on it, I also have never really had energy drinks, I do fine staying up til 5 am pretty much every night and waking up at 8-10 depending on when I have class with out the energy boosts. I also dont drink soda, though I have it a few times a year if you count using soda for mixed drinks...
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:18 pm

RyanK wrote:Interesting thread.... :-?

We go from trying to collect caps so Sluggers doesnt have to go to Sal Army this month, to JT bashing sluggers, to Sluggers sleeping with JTs wife and JT sleeping with sluggers wife :-° , then to talks about Mad being slightly insane, then to talk about energy drinks, then to if coffee is "in or not"... crazy I tell you

But Ive never had coffee and dont really plan on it, I also have never really had energy drinks, I do fine staying up til 5 am pretty much every night and waking up at 8-10 depending on when I have class with out the energy boosts. I also dont drink soda, though I have it a few times a year if you count using soda for mixed drinks...

Do you live in Hartford?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RyanK » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Do you live in Hartford?

When Im not at school in Florida, yes
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:22 pm

RyanK wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Do you live in Hartford?

When Im not at school in Florida, yes

My buddy is from weathersfield
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk