Any recourse against a commish who doesn't payout? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Any recourse against a commish who doesn't payout?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tankdog » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:47 am

I think he has to rob a liquor store first to get the money.
tankdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

payout

Postby kidfan9 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:36 pm

I got this mesage from Jeff today, EQ 530569770--stop contacting other people--this is between you and I.

I sent his girlfriend a message asking her to take care of sending the remaining $250 since she paid the first $750. I told him to put himself in my shoes. As far as the tracking # goes as of right now I can't get any info from fedex.com--he might have sent it today--I asked he to get back to me so I know for sure when he sent it. Too much to ask???
Ted Williams--Last man to hit .400
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 28)

Postby St. Paul Royals » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:59 pm

Keep going on this guy. Three years ago I won a league and the winner was suppose to get 2 world series tickets. And of course I was never paid. It was only a 20 entry fee but I was still pissed. Some guys here at the Cafe helped me out to get the guys phone # in Texas but, I never called. So I am happy to see guys take it to the limit.

Call the police
Call the Grandmother
Call the Girlfriend

What ever you have to do, or I might get caught by him next year if he think he can get away with this.
St. Paul Royals
College Coach
College Coach

Postby brockwilliams » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:10 pm

Now Royals, I think you knew in the back of your mind that any league with a $20 entry fee isn't gonna score you world series tickets. Unless its for the little league down the road.
brockwilliams
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby St. Paul Royals » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:18 pm

well it was 4 leagues 16 players in each. But still now I know it was a bad choice.
St. Paul Royals
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GoatCurse03 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:14 am

He's lying again. A little legwork for you:

I checked the Fedex labels at my office--they don't look anything like what he sent you. I called Fedex to check the package (after entering the number in Fedex online with no luck). The Fedex rep said their tracking numbers don't have any letters and that the numeric portion of the number is not long enough. Also, the number he gave you could not be UPS or DHL, both of which have different number schemes than what he sent.

I'd keep on the girlfriend for sure, but politely so she thinks you're the good guy. Grandma may still think he's a peach even after this, but she might cut him off from a little somethin', somethin' if he's been lying to her about it being taken care of.
GoatCurse03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

payout

Postby kidfan9 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:25 pm

The latest is...Jeff said that the check was sent via usps and not fedex as he had originally said it would be. I just tried to confirm the tracking # and I can't because it was just sent yesterday and there is no record of it as yet. I THINK he's telling the truth this time. Not sure why he would change his mind about the method of shipping, but that's his M.O. the whole route to this point. I would hold off on the e-mail and phone call campaign for now, thanks for the support. We may be coming to the end of this disaster soon... I for one am looking forward to joining or starting a new keeper league soon. Stay tuned...
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kidfan9 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:45 am

I got a cashiers check from Jeff today for "only" $200 and not the $250 I am owed. I have mixed feelings about this--why not tell me he was sending me less than the full amount, and 95% is better that 75%--just another example of the kind of guy this is. Looking forward to hearing from him about this.
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GoatCurse03 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:22 am

This is not a negotiation! He owes you the money and he's welching on it. He's counting on you losing steam for the fight: "it's only $50, I got $950, enough already."

If he stole $50 from you and was walking down the street you'd chase him because he has your money. It's your fight, but I don't see any difference in the two scenarios--he's still trying to steal $50 from you. I wouldn't let him get away with it.
GoatCurse03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby tankdog » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:41 am

What the hell is this guy's deal? Why can't he just ever send the full amount. It's always a freaking drama.

We have to run our own league next year so we don't have to deal with this ever again.

Stay on him. I say we still go to his local paper and expose him for being a fraud because even though he paid us. You know he didn't pay the 2nd and 3rd place winners becasue they haven't said anything and they were more than likely the fake teams he set up.
tankdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Classifieds