Any recourse against a commish who doesn't payout? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Any recourse against a commish who doesn't payout?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any recourse against a commish who doesn't payout?

Postby tankdog » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:52 am

I just won a 16 team yahoo league that was $100 buy in. I'm owed $1000 and the commish is being very difficult with the payouts. It's been over 2 weeks and he just keeps giving me the run around as to where my check is. Is there anything i can do legally to either make him pay or see that he gets in trouble if he in fact does not pay out?
tankdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

payout

Postby kidfan9 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:41 am

By any chance is the commish "the pro", aka Jeff Reidy? I am the winner of another one of his leagues, he owes me $1000 as well and I have not recieved my check as of yet. He said it would be mailed out last week and that "things have been going on in his life" and he has been busy. As far as recourse goes, I did some research on the internet and found an address for him in Mass. I am very tempted to pay him a visit. Good luck. :-t
Ted Williams--Last man to hit .400
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 28)

Postby tankdog » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:42 am

That is him. He also gave me the BS about mailing the check out. He also owes me $1000.
tankdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

payout

Postby kidfan9 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:46 am

Let's put our heads together and try to come up with something about getting the $ out of him. Have you tried to get a refund with paypal yet? I know he has a web site--wickedpissahsports.com--maybe we could get some info that way, I want a phone #!!!
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tankdog » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:03 pm

Well I'm not sure what can be done as of yet, and I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt as far as paying out. But as days pass and the excuses pile up it's looking more and more likely that he won't. I had my doubts about the league from the start and they are starting to play out like I thought.
tankdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

payout

Postby kidfan9 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:12 pm

I hear you, good luck to you and me. Keep in touch if something happens on your end and I will do the same. As for next season I will do it again, this time with a proven commish.
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tankdog » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:13 pm

should I send him the link to this thread?
tankdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

payout

Postby kidfan9 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:27 pm

Why not--let him give his side to the story. At least no one will lose money to him next year!
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tankdog » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:53 pm

Well I forwarded him the link to this thread and have informed the rest of the league of what is going on. Of course I beleive that half of the league where made up people anyway but there are a few that I know were for real. Just sucks that someone would be such a deadbeat that they would have to set up a fantasy league to pay their bills.
tankdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

payout

Postby kidfan9 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:18 pm

I have a phone # to his step mother in Mass--will try to get info from her. As for made up names in the league, seems we had a few as well--TBA, No Namers, ect. Yep, quite a jerk. But, karma is a funny thing, I hope I can be there when it bites him in the butt!
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Classifieds