Zumaya a Closer? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zumaya a Closer?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Geek » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:37 pm

Borskie wrote:Guys, my college roommate is Brad Lidge's cousin. You can flame me all you want if you think I'm lying but I'm not. He's talked to my roommate about his struggles, and said that the NLCS homer doesnt affect him at all, he just had an off year and the trade rumors about him are just lighting a fire under his ass. As for me, I'm banking on him dropping low in the drafts and him having a dominant '07.

I don't think you're lying. But, that's what I would expect Lidge to say regardless of whether it's true or not.

He didn't have an 'off-year.' He was one of the worst relievers in baseball. Guys with his stuff don't get lit up like that unless they've got problems between the ears.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:28 pm

Geek wrote:
Borskie wrote:Guys, my college roommate is Brad Lidge's cousin. You can flame me all you want if you think I'm lying but I'm not. He's talked to my roommate about his struggles, and said that the NLCS homer doesnt affect him at all, he just had an off year and the trade rumors about him are just lighting a fire under his ass. As for me, I'm banking on him dropping low in the drafts and him having a dominant '07.

I don't think you're lying. But, that's what I would expect Lidge to say regardless of whether it's true or not.

He didn't have an 'off-year.' He was one of the worst relievers in baseball. Guys with his stuff don't get lit up like that unless they've got problems between the ears.

Or problems between the shoulder and wrist
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby jbones733 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:26 pm

Geek wrote:

I agree I mean Lidge looked like the 1 guy who could be the next Mariano, then Pujols & to an extent Podsednik & bam, look at the history, Mitch Williams, Rich Ankiel off the top of my head, defintley Mental w pitchers, escpeically closers

i still think he can bounce back tho
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby stumpak » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:25 am

Of course Lidge is going to say that he still has it. What else is going to do, admit that he has lost his edge? Danny Graves is probably sitting at a bar somewhere claiming that he could step on to the mound and close game 7.

I am not saying that I believe Lidge is washed up, but Lidge's personal claims to the contrary are a meanlingness data point.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tal1286 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:04 am

Does your roommate work at NASA?

Leyland said, "We thought we were getting a hell of a player, but Neifi simply did not perform well."

really?
tal1286
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Geek » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:09 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
Geek wrote:
mikekim2121 wrote:
Geek wrote:We'll see if he has the mentality for it. Brad Lidge didn't.

Where were you during 2004-2005? I think you forgot that he was one of the most dominant closers in those 2 years.

Then Pujols took him deep and destroyed his confidence. Now he's worthless.

Sure.

Some discussions are certainly worth revisiting.
Geek
General Manager
General Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:25 pm

Geek wrote:
Some discussions are certainly worth revisiting.

Not really.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers