Rich Harden - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rich Harden

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:34 pm

Harden = Prior to me. I can't see taking either until the 8th round at the earliest. More likely the 10th. I have more faith in Sheets health at this point.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 453)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:51 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Harden = Prior to me. I can't see taking either until the 8th round at the earliest. More likely the 10th. I have more faith in Sheets health at this point.

Me too. Sheets at least looked very good at the end of the season. He should gain his velocity back for 07 and bounce back barring any set backs.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GoatCurse03 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:44 pm

Someone will draft him as if he's not injured, or at least not discount his performance as much as would be prudent given his history. I think anywhere before the 10th round is too early, or at least gives him more chance to be healthy than I think is warranted.
GoatCurse03
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:14 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Harden = Prior to me. I can't see taking either until the 8th round at the earliest. More likely the 10th. I have more faith in Sheets health at this point.

I agree. Sadly, I have a weakness for both. I tend to like to roll the dice on pitchers like this who have all the talent in the world but tend to get bitten by the injury bug. That said, I'll likely target both next year if they fall due to injury concerns. If Harden stays healthy, he's a bonafide ace. Draft with caution, but the rewards can certainly be there.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Drunken Rhino » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:43 pm

I'd draft him depending on where he's at in my rotation... For example if he falls to the 8th or so, and I've already got 2 stud SP, say Oswalt & Halladay, why not take a flier on Harden to be an AWESOME 3rd stud. If he doesn't pan out, you've already got 2 stud SP.

Then again this backfired on me this year with Prior, so take my advice w/ caution.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:10 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:I'd draft him depending on where he's at in my rotation... For example if he falls to the 8th or so, and I've already got 2 stud SP, say Oswalt & Halladay, why not take a flier on Harden to be an AWESOME 3rd stud. If he doesn't pan out, you've already got 2 stud SP.

This is the exact opposite of what I will be doing with Harden. Unless Harden is available after the 10th round or beyond (which I know won't happen), I will avoid him at all cost.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:15 pm

Drunken Rhino wrote:I'd draft him depending on where he's at in my rotation... For example if he falls to the 8th or so, and I've already got 2 stud SP, say Oswalt & Halladay, why not take a flier on Harden to be an AWESOME 3rd stud. If he doesn't pan out, you've already got 2 stud SP.

Then again this backfired on me this year with Prior, so take my advice w/ caution.

I take the advice of any drunken rhino with caution.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:57 pm

I heard that the Cubs are interested in trading for Harden to team him with Prior and hopefully Wood. That would be the best rotation in the DL Central.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:47 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:I heard that the Cubs are interested in trading for Harden to team him with Prior and hopefully Wood. That would be the best rotation in the DL Central.

I heard that Sheets was available also.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:49 pm

Yoda wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:I heard that the Cubs are interested in trading for Harden to team him with Prior and hopefully Wood. That would be the best rotation in the DL Central.

I heard that Sheets was available also.

Except he's being serious.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers