Rich Harden - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rich Harden

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rich Harden

Postby BravesGuy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:52 pm

What do you guys think about him going into next season? I know he is an injury risk but he did get in 5.2 innings his last start.... didnt look to pretty though.
Life is like riding an elevator. It has a lot of ups and downs and someone is always pushing your buttons.

ΠKΦ
BravesGuy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:56 pm

He's been injured far too often way too early in his career. Someone will draft him in the top 6 or 7 rounds hoping he has an injury free season. I'm staying away until he proves he can stay healthy for at least a season.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:57 pm

He's a stud if he stays healthy no question. Does the reward outweigh the risk? Not sure. But many people tabbed him the AL Cy Young at the beginning of the 2006 season. He's fantastic when he pitches healthy. He's on my dynasty team and he's still very young. So, I say go for it. He could be a fantastic buylow guy amoinst other because of his injuries.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby JTWood » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:59 pm

You'll get the same production from other guys without the injury risk. Bonderman is the example I keep hammering home. Very similar numbers, but Bondy actually throws the ball most of the year.

If Harden's around late, he's a great investment. Don't bank on him, though.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:01 am

JTWood wrote:You'll get the same production from other guys without the injury risk. Bonderman is the example I keep hammering home. Very similar numbers, but Bondy actually throws the ball most of the year.

I'm still not sold on Bondy. He will likely go very early next season and he seriously fell apart in the second half again.

Also I doubt Harden will last 6 or 7 rounds which I think is way too early but you never know.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:04 am

Yoda wrote:
JTWood wrote:You'll get the same production from other guys without the injury risk. Bonderman is the example I keep hammering home. Very similar numbers, but Bondy actually throws the ball most of the year.

I'm still not sold on Bondy. He will likely go very early next season and he seriously fell apart in the second half again.

Also I doubt Harden will last 6 or 7 rounds which I think is way too early but you never know.

Well, the cat's out of the bag on Bondy, so he won't be the "value" pick he was this year.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Half Massed » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:35 am

I know I'm one who'll keep taking the chance on him (with regret immediately afterwards). There's no denying that he's a top 5 pitcher when healthy, and i think it's not the time to write him off yet as injury prone. We'll just have to see though.

You can't really judge his end of the season starts as his ability. They were his first starts in months.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:48 am

Half Massed wrote:I know I'm one who'll keep taking the chance on him (with regret immediately afterwards). There's no denying that he's a top 5 pitcher when healthy, and i think it's not the time to write him off yet as injury prone. We'll just have to see though.

You can't really judge his end of the season starts as his ability. They were his first starts in months.

I think he is borderline injury prone at this point and I don't think anyone who has followed him doubts his ability when healthy. He missed a dozen starts in 05 and only made 9 starts in 06 as a 25 yo (roughly 33 starts in two seasons).

Most people believe that he is a top 10 pitcher when healthy, thus making him a very risky investment on draft day.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:16 pm

Harden and Sheets both......Very good and still young......This is why I will cry myself to sleep at night because I usually own them and probably will again this next year if I can get them in the 6th or 7th rd......... maybe sooner.... :-o :-o !+) I can't help but to draft these two guys.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:23 pm

Maybee I'll draft as many injured stars as I can.

Prior, Woods, Harden, Liriano.

Of course they will go to early
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers