Ken Macha Fired - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ken Macha Fired

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:35 pm

So signing Loaiza instead of some actual hitters is Macha's fault?

Interesting. :-?

I'd be willing to give him a shot here in Texas. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I think what Oakland/Beane need is a do-nothing manager. The kind of guy who keeps the players happy and doesn't insist on diverging from the plan.

I think Macha only fulfilled one of those two obligations.

They should get the first clown manager. Whenever they have a bad game he can throw some pies at the other team, or when a ref makes a bad call he rolls out and gets him with selzter water. It'd be amazing.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:40 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:I think what Oakland/Beane need is a do-nothing manager. The kind of guy who keeps the players happy and doesn't insist on diverging from the plan.

They should sign Dusty Baker but give all in game decisions to the bench coach and the pitching coach. He's great with players at least but a horrible ingame manager in every aspect.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 103)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:47 pm

Havok1517 wrote:

They should sign Dusty Baker but give all in game decisions to the bench coach and the pitching coach. He's great with players at least but a horrible ingame manager in every aspect.

You know, I think you're probably kidding but it might just work... Well, in theory.

If they could tell Dusty exactly what to do - starting with pitch counts - and if he'd follow them, he'd be a great Oakland manager. He's a good guy. All he'd have to do is follow Beane's instructions and he'd be the manager Oakland wants.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:53 pm

bellings wrote:Sure, let's fire the manager of 2nd place team in the AL. Yeah, that makes sense.
Too bad the Cubs signed Pinella before this news came out.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby RynMan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:54 pm

Those are my thoughts aswell.

Really, I didn't think that Macha was a great manager. He made alot of decisions that I really wasn't sure about. Sure you can point to the team's success, but come on - you can't give him the credit for what the team does on the field. The credit I will give him though, is that he has had to deal with Bradley in a professional way, and get these young guys to believe.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:17 pm

RynMan wrote:

Those are my thoughts aswell.

Really, I didn't think that Macha was a great manager. He made alot of decisions that I really wasn't sure about. Sure you can point to the team's success, but come on - you can't give him the credit for what the team does on the field. The credit I will give him though, is that he has had to deal with Bradley in a professional way, and get these young guys to believe.

In other words, you want Art Howe back? They should hire Buck Showwalter. He and Beane would get along real well, lol.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:32 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
bellings wrote:Sure, let's fire the manager of 2nd place team in the AL. Yeah, that makes sense.
Too bad the Cubs signed Pinella before this news came out.

Yep....

So does Girardi go anywhere. I bet Stein is kicking himself in the face for not firing torre right now
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:53 pm

Madison wrote:So signing Loaiza instead of some actual hitters is Macha's fault?

Interesting. :-?

I'd be willing to give him a shot here in Texas. ;-D

Boy, do you ever have some kind of axe to grind with Loaiza. :-B
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:00 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

You know, I think you're probably kidding but it might just work... Well, in theory.

If they could tell Dusty exactly what to do - starting with pitch counts - and if he'd follow them, he'd be a great Oakland manager. He's a good guy. All he'd have to do is follow Beane's instructions and he'd be the manager Oakland wants.
I totally agree but I doubt Baker is willing to be Beane's puppet.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 455)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers