Piniella new Cubs manager - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Piniella new Cubs manager

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:33 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:they need a closer.

ryan dempster.

:-P I think he ment a good one.
Image
Image
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1583
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ole Kentucky

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:34 pm

Well it looks like the A's position is open now. I have to think that Macha goes somewhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2628358
Image
Image
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1583
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Ole Kentucky

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:44 pm

Lou has said he wanted to go to a job where he had a chance to win right away.

I guess out of all the openings out there he thought CHI has the best chance. In that division maybe he made the right choice.

Management must have swore to be players this off season as far as free agents go & trade possibilities went.

Any ARod rumors to CHI out there now?
Sp_Da_Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1080
Joined: 25 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In the Kingdome watching Junior, The Unit & Edgar

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:16 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:Lou has said he wanted to go to a job where he had a chance to win right away.

I guess out of all the openings out there he thought CHI has the best chance. In that division maybe he made the right choice.

Management must have swore to be players this off season as far as free agents go & trade possibilities went.

Any ARod rumors to CHI out there now?


the arod to the cubs rumor has been floating for about a month now.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:04 am

For the money I'd much rather resign ARAM instead of pay AROD's contract. Not sure if that can be worked out but ARAM's production compared to AROD's in terms salary. ADVANTAGE =ARAM

Now if they move AROD back to SS and resign ARAM to play 3B then I think Cub fans would be very happy. Combine that with a healthy DLEE and if they find a good closer...not bad at all. ;-D
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8503
(Past Year: 117)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:52 am

DevilDriver wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:they need a closer.

ryan dempster.


LOL... Do they still have Kerry Wood?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby wrveres » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:54 am

Props to sweet Lou.
I feel for ya fella. You think Tampa was bad? you ain't seen nothing yet.

I still to this day have never figured out when the Cubs became this 'annual contender' ... but to each their own I guess.

You guys keep believing what you want.


48th manager in their history ..

48 managers..

let that soak in for a minute .. 48!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31755
(Past Year: 746)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:00 am

wrveres wrote:Props to sweet Lou.
I feel for ya fella. You think Tampa was bad? you ain't seen nothing yet.

I still to this day have never figured out when the Cubs became this 'annual contender' ... but to each their own I guess.

You guys keep believing what you want.


48th manager in their history ..

48 managers..

let that soak in for a minute .. 48!


15th since 1986. :-D

and they still sell out everysingle game. that place is a zoo and there fans deserve everything they get.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:02 am

Havok1517 wrote:For the money I'd much rather resign ARAM instead of pay AROD's contract. Not sure if that can be worked out but ARAM's production compared to AROD's in terms salary. ADVANTAGE =ARAM

Now if they move AROD back to SS and resign ARAM to play 3B then I think Cub fans would be very happy. Combine that with a healthy DLEE and if they find a good closer...not bad at all. ;-D


what is arods salary 16 mill a year(after texas paying 8 mill a year or so annually)? aramis is going to be demanding somthing very simuliar to that. id take arod, throw him back at short, in a heartbeat.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:09 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:For the money I'd much rather resign ARAM instead of pay AROD's contract. Not sure if that can be worked out but ARAM's production compared to AROD's in terms salary. ADVANTAGE =ARAM

Now if they move AROD back to SS and resign ARAM to play 3B then I think Cub fans would be very happy. Combine that with a healthy DLEE and if they find a good closer...not bad at all. ;-D


what is arods salary 16 mill a year(after texas paying 8 mill a year or so annually)? aramis is going to be demanding somthing very simuliar to that. id take arod, throw him back at short, in a heartbeat.


Yankees would be stupid to trade Arod.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact