Local Best-of Awards - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Local Best-of Awards

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Local Best-of Awards

Postby Coppermine » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:03 pm

I hate where I live; here is the "Best-Of" list out of the local newspaper from my locality. Are your areas as inept as mine?

Best Burger: McDonalds
Best Seafood: Red Lobster
Best Subs/Sandwiches: Subway
Best Pizza: Pizza Hut
Best Buffet: Ryan’s
Best Family Restaurant: McDonalds
Best Coffee: Starbucks (plenty of great local coffee shops; Starbucks opened just this year)
Best Fast Food: McDonalds (completing the bad-taste, low-brow trifecta)

Am I just snooty? This makes me want to move away immediately.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mugrila » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:16 pm

Best burger McDonalds? :-?

Either McDonalds paid the paper or you have a serious lack of food sources.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:44 pm

Hmm.. I'd go with..

Remember that I'm in Canada, so a couple of them you probably don't have.

Best Burger: Licks
Best Seafood: I don't like seafood
Best Pizza: Pizza Pizza
Best Buffet: Don't know
Best Family Restaurant: Don't know
Best Coffee: Don't have coffee
Best Fast Food: Wendy's
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 411)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:48 pm

You forgot the best Mexican food category and the winner is...Taco Bell! :-D Or does this place between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh lack a Taco Bell? Eh, you're not missing much anyway. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:56 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:You forgot the best Mexican food category and the winner is...Taco Bell! :-D Or does this place between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh lack a Taco Bell? Eh, you're not missing much anyway. :-b

Taco Bell? :-P ..that pretty much says it all for me. Never liked it as a kid, and with some of the stories I've heard I'll stick with my usuals. ;-D :-o
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:00 pm

Anyway, like any big metropolitan area, you'd have to read the Zagat guidebook front to back on what stands out as the best restaurants in town, especially in L.A. There must be hundreds of outstanding authentic Chinese restaurants in the L.A. area alone for example. Another example would be Best Burger in town. In L.A., we're famous for the birthplace of In-N-Out Burger and McDonald's, but there are awesome burgers at The Apple Pan, Father's Office, Fatburger, and Tommy's, to name a few. Obviously, small-market towns will pale in comparison when it comes to the selection of restaurants in those areas, but your area sounds like a ghost town. :-b

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:05 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:You forgot the best Mexican food category and the winner is...Taco Bell! :-D Or does this place between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh lack a Taco Bell? Eh, you're not missing much anyway. :-b

Taco Bell? :-P ..that pretty much says it all for me. Never liked it as a kid, and with some of the stories I've heard I'll stick with my usuals. ;-D :-o

Yeah, Taco Bell is dreadful. I remember growing up that one of my aunts, who happens to be a cheapskate, would pick me up from school and give me these awful 99 cent soft tacos for snack. The Taco Bell around the corner near the place I grew up was notorious for food poisoning incidents and so, when I go out for Mexican food, Taco Bell is an afterthought. L.A. is littered with cheap taco stands and you can buy one for the same price, where the tacos are light years better than Taco Bell. ;-D

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:12 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Anyway, like any big metropolitan area, you'd have to read the Zagat guidebook front to back on what stands out as the best restaurants in town, especially in L.A. There must be hundreds of outstanding authentic Chinese restaurants in the L.A. area alone for example. Another example would be Best Burger in town. In L.A., we're famous for the birthplace of In-N-Out Burger and McDonald's, but there are awesome burgers at The Apple Pan, Father's Office, Fatburger, and Tommy's, to name a few. Obviously, small-market towns will pale in comparison when it comes to the selection of restaurants in those areas, but your area sounds like a ghost town. :-b

I remember when I went to California two summers ago, my family that was there would always talk about In-N-Out and how great it was. So we finally went there one time, and personally I thought it was terrible. They said it was the best burger you would ever find, and personally you cant find more than a hundred better places here in Toronto. Dissapointed, but learned that we have better burgers here in Canada. :-D ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:58 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Anyway, like any big metropolitan area, you'd have to read the Zagat guidebook front to back on what stands out as the best restaurants in town, especially in L.A. There must be hundreds of outstanding authentic Chinese restaurants in the L.A. area alone for example. Another example would be Best Burger in town. In L.A., we're famous for the birthplace of In-N-Out Burger and McDonald's, but there are awesome burgers at The Apple Pan, Father's Office, Fatburger, and Tommy's, to name a few. Obviously, small-market towns will pale in comparison when it comes to the selection of restaurants in those areas, but your area sounds like a ghost town. :-b

I remember when I went to California two summers ago, my family that was there would always talk about In-N-Out and how great it was. So we finally went there one time, and personally I thought it was terrible. They said it was the best burger you would ever find, and personally you cant find more than a hundred better places here in Toronto. Dissapointed, but learned that we have better burgers here in Canada. :-D ;-D

That's blasphemy. :-b

I order my Double-double, Animal style. Better than the original. ;-D

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Re: Local Best-of Awards

Postby mak1277 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:00 pm

Coppermine wrote:I hate where I live; here is the "Best-Of" list out of the local newspaper from my locality. Are your areas as inept as mine?

Best Burger: McDonalds
Best Seafood: Red Lobster
Best Pizza: Pizza Hut
Best Buffet: Ryan’s
Best Family Restaurant: McDonalds
Best Coffee: Starbucks (plenty of great local coffee shops; Starbucks opened just this year)
Best Fast Food: McDonalds (completing the bad-taste, low-brow trifecta)

Am I just snooty? This makes me want to move away immediately.

Those big companies are paying people to vote, end of story. Hardees has won "best burger" in St. Louis (and a number of other cities) ever since they revamped their burgers. Nobody with taste buds could vote for fast food place as "best burger", unless they're being paid. And this coming from someone who eats a ton of fast food by choice.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to General Talk