Magglio and Ozzie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Magglio and Ozzie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Magglio and Ozzie

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:16 pm

Man, after hearing Ozzie and following him for most of his career it is hard to see how a manager couldn't like this guy. But then there is Ozzie "Me, myself and I" Guillen !+) :

Guillen was asked to respond to a comment Ordonez made in Tuesday's editions of the Booth Newspapers of Michigan that if the Tigers made the playoffs and the Sox didn't, "They're going to feel jealous, for sure."

But a reporter relayed to Guillen that Ordonez said the Sox should be jealous of the Tigers' success.

"We miss him? No," Guillen said. "We have a better right fielder (Jermaine Dye), a better player, a better guy. We have a lot better things than him. . . . We have a lot of guys with rings on their hands. He doesn't have one yet. He will. I hope he does. I hope he feels like a winner for the first time in his career.

"When people are in first place, they forgot where they came from. Don't forget he was [terrible] for a long time here."

After being informed of the context of what Ordonez actually was asked and said, Guillen rolled his eyes and said he would contact Ordonez.

What a moron he is. Does anyone have the April tirade on hand? Would love to read it.

Congrats to Mags and the Tigers. Destiny awaits.

Just imagine...they will have a week off awaiting the NLCS and then stay at home...NO TRAVELING!!
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:05 pm

ozzie is a moron because some idiot from the media gave him the wrong information? right..
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:09 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:ozzie is a moron because some idiot from the media gave him the wrong information? right..

No, Ozzie is just a moron. Period.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Yoda wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:ozzie is a moron because some idiot from the media gave him the wrong information? right..

world series winning moron.

there are plenty of reasons to call ozzie a moron, but in this case he did nothing wrong.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:13 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

there are plenty of reasons to call ozzie a moron, but in this case he did nothing wrong.

So just because he won a WS doesn't mean he is not a moron? That makes sense. Ozzie is a moron because he opens his mouth far too open. And it will cost him his job sooner than later.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:17 pm

Yoda wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

So just because he won a WS doesn't mean he is not a moron? That makes sense. Ozzie is a moron because he opens his mouth far too open. And it will cost him his job sooner than later.

im talking about this one individual case. im not arguing if he's a moron or not. in this case the media made a mistake. also this happened like 2 weeks ago not sure why this is news now.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:08 pm

Ozzie Guillen is just speaking his mind. Come on guys, freedom of speech, the first amendment! Dont forget! He can say all he wants this is America!

Thats BS. Ozzie Guillen is the most annoying, arrogant jerk I've ever seen in my life. He's done nothing to entitle himself to being able to call people "terrible" or tell people how worthless they are to the organization (Frank Thomas). And he especially doesnt have the right to call a reporter a "homo" (didnt want to post the real word one on here)

Ozzie Guillen doesn't speak his mind. He is just being an a-hole. He's got nothing nice to say about anyone, he rips on former players and current players, and hes never treated the media with any ounce of respect. He's probably the worst person to choose to represent your organization as a manager.

I think I actually hate Ozzie Guillen. He just blatantly talks trash about everyone he sees because he thinks it is acceptable behavior. Then he just blames it on "free speech." Get him out of here- I don't care if he wins, hes the biggest, most obnoxious loudmouth in baseball.
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:11 pm

Miner, Ozzie took the word of a media mouthbreather and went off. He could have been professional and waited to see if that guy was correct. But no! He embarrassed himself with his mouth again. You would think he would learn to shut the yap and calm down, especially since he is a WS-winning manager.

(edit): sportsaddict, well done. ;-D
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:33 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:Miner, Ozzie took the word of a media mouthbreather and went off. He could have been professional and waited to see if that guy was correct. But no! He embarrassed himself with his mouth again. You would think he would learn to shut the yap and calm down, especially since he is a WS-winning manager.

(edit): sportsaddict, well done. ;-D

so every time a media member quotes someone youre supposed to sit around and wait for it to be confirmed? absolutely not. the media member misquoted magglio ordenez, a person ozzie has strong personal disdain for, i dont blame him a bit for going off.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby astav28 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:39 pm

He just makes uneducated statements, Magglio was "terrible" for the white sox!?!?!?

From 1999-2003:

.301, 30, 117

ya....he sure was terrible for a while.

Even if Magglio did say what Ozzie was told he said; Ozzie's response was immature, childish and uncalled for. He should take a class on maturity
astav28
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers