What do you think of Soriano next season? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What do you think of Soriano next season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby savvy_stu » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:19 pm

I think a big portion of his 2007 value will be dependent upon whether or not his new team will play him at second base. If he goes back to second, I'd take him third, after Pujols and A-Rod. If he's in the OF, I don't think I'd take him in the top 10.
savvy_stu
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby great gretzky » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:49 pm

it's too tough IMO. tons of people thouight his power would dive in RFK (as did I). After seeing him in-person a number of times this year, the far fences don't mean much when you are clearing them by a decent margin.

I traded chad tracey, manny and some other superflous piece for him in a keeper. OF or not, even if he is say 32-22, I'm digging. I don't know if its first-round value, as people value the steals vs. avg differently, but I'm not ocmplaining. Its not as if so many OFs are ahead of him anyway. I'm digging.

Who the heck knows? I'll take him though. I mean Beltran's value isn;t going to suffer THAT much because he is OF. And my gut feeling this year is that OF was thinner than usual. I played in a 10 team keeper with 4of, MI, CI, IF and Utility, and it seemed thin as all heck.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ensanimal » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:27 pm

I heard the Cubs were interested.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers