2007 June draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

2007 June draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stukarudel » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:32 am

Sweet the Orioles pick 5th. Yeah I hate baseball america sometimes, I can't blame them but everything I am interested in you have to pay for lol. A lot will change by now and june though.
stukarudel
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NatsFan10 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:57 am

Savoy Special wrote:Anybody have any details about Michael Main or Michael Burgess?

What do you want to know?

Burgess is a 5 tool OF that projects as a right fielder. He has plus plus power from the left side, and many scouts feel he is the best power hitting prep prospect to come out in years. He also has a cannon for an arm and can hit 94 off the mound, but his future lies in the outfield. His skillset at this age is in the mold of Delmon Young/Vlad Guerrero.

Main is also a 5 tool OF, but his future lies on the mound. He tops out at 99(!), which obviously is ridiculous for a prep. His fastball needs more movement, and his secondary pitches need work as well, but scouts drool over his potential. If he wasn't interested in pitching, he would still probably be a 1st round pick as a position player....he's that good.
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Savoy Special » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:42 pm

NatsFan10 wrote:
Savoy Special wrote:Anybody have any details about Michael Main or Michael Burgess?

What do you want to know?

Burgess is a 5 tool OF that projects as a right fielder. He has plus plus power from the left side, and many scouts feel he is the best power hitting prep prospect to come out in years. He also has a cannon for an arm and can hit 94 off the mound, but his future lies in the outfield. His skillset at this age is in the mold of Delmon Young/Vlad Guerrero.

Main is also a 5 tool OF, but his future lies on the mound. He tops out at 99(!), which obviously is ridiculous for a prep. His fastball needs more movement, and his secondary pitches need work as well, but scouts drool over his potential. If he wasn't interested in pitching, he would still probably be a 1st round pick as a position player....he's that good.

Yeah, that pretty much helps. Does anybody else see others who would be high impact players in the 07 draft?
Savoy Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortsavage » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:54 am

I think Darwin Barney (OSU) will go in the first round.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Morrison8312 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:08 pm

I wanted to bring this thread back by asking about Max Scherzer...Will he go higher by holding out like Hochevar did?
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:20 pm

I play baseball against Michael Main. He plays for DeLand High School, while I play for Seminole. He is the hardest thrower that I have ever seen. I think he hits 99mph. He has some decent off speed stuff. I think he is a top draft pick, but this is coming from a guy who could only manage a foul tip :~(. Also, this guy can hit.
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby Savoy Special » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:20 pm

ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:

I play baseball against Michael Main. He plays for DeLand High School, while I play for Seminole. He is the hardest thrower that I have ever seen. I think he hits 99mph. He has some decent off speed stuff. I think he is a top draft pick, but this is coming from a guy who could only manage a foul tip :~(. Also, this guy can hit.

A foul tip? Not too bad. I am having trouble hitting a 44 year old pastor's knuckleball in church league softball.
Savoy Special
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ChipperJonesFanatic » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:33 pm

Savoy Special wrote:
ChipperJonesFanatic wrote:

A foul tip? Not too bad. I am having trouble hitting a 44 year old pastor's knuckleball in church league softball.

Thanks for making me feel better. :-b
ChipperJonesFanatic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby dcskater619 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:28 am

Michael Burgess to the cubs with the #3 pick..
dcskater619
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby amr120402 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:33 pm

i sure hope the cubs get burgess at 3 .....they would make the wrong pick though i thought they shoulda taken snider last year instead of colvin. So does anyone have a top 10 profection??
amr120402
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball