Angels Prospects...man they are loaded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Angels Prospects...man they are loaded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigmex » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 pm

i dont think the angels would give up shields. the only thing that makes the angels good is their starting pitching and dominant bullpen. they could part with santana because of saunders. only spot for figgins to play on yanks is 3b. and personally i dont like him there if im the yanks, that is his worst defensive spot.
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigmex » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:03 pm

oh and by the way...WOO HOO!!!

i am now a softball supervisor!
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thomasps3 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:21 am

greenbay....any team in the najors would take Shields in a heartbeat. Thats why you see guys like Rudy Seanez, Mike Myers, and David Weathers in the majors - because of a lack of quality arms. Yes, Mariano is a HoF, but they have a lack of quality arms in the 'pen, and even if they didn't , the common school of thought is that an organization can never have enough pitching.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

of course

Postby greenbaydude1232 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:29 pm

of course, I was merely stateing that there are people on the angels that are more valuable to the yankees than adding additional relief pitching!
greenbaydude1232
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmex » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:49 pm

are you kidding me? what weakness do they have that is more important than pitching? any pitching. we all know they suck horribly at sp. but they also had trouble bridging the gap between the weak starters and their HOF closer. sheilds would be awesome on that team or any other team for that matter.

if i were cashman, and i decided that i was going to deal arod i would fight really really hard to get kotchman, santana, and sheilds....problem is if im bill stoneman...im not dealing sheilds. id possibly give them donnelly, carrasco, or romero. and if im cashman and i could get santana, kotchman and one of those relievers, im pulling the tirgger. cause that would fill all the holes imo, cept for 3b. which they can get in a deal for sheffield somewhere, and dont forget they have eric duncan who can come up
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KOSTAS » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:35 pm

what about Sean Rodriguez? No mention of him....

He had a MONSTER year last year and finished up all the way to AAA. Although he may not stick at SS, what are his prospects either at 3B, CF or LF for the Angels?

Surely they could use his bat.
KOSTAS
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sockeye » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:18 am

KOSTAS wrote:what about Sean Rodriguez? No mention of him....

He had a MONSTER year last year and finished up all the way to AAA. Although he may not stick at SS, what are his prospects either at 3B, CF or LF for the Angels?

Surely they could use his bat.

Not sure about Rodriguez, but I'm amazed there are two guys surfing this board on the same day from Anchorage. I guess the Cafe truly does have a long reach....
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigmex » Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:32 pm

i read somewhere that rodriguez kinda came out of nowhere and at this point the team isnt really expecting much of him. I am pretty sure he wasnt that great defensively so they dont think he will stay at the ss position, and if i remember right they might try and move him to the OF. Rodriguez is severly blocked at the mlb level. cabrera is blocking wood, which will ultimatly move wood to 3b. Kendrick kicked gold glove caliber kennedy out. I think rodriguez might be better suited to be trade bait. but stoneman treats his farm system like gold, and who are we to argue? lol
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Big Hurt CPOY 06 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:26 pm

Torre would absolutely KILL Shields' arm if he were a Yank.

I mean the Angels even overworked him, I can only wonder what Torre, the kind of overusing relievers, could do to him.
The Big Hurt was robbed!

Big Hurt CPOY 06
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball