Angels Prospects...man they are loaded - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Angels Prospects...man they are loaded

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Angels Prospects...man they are loaded

Postby bigmex » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:51 am

i was wondering where these guys could fit in with anaheim next season....

Casey Kotchman - i think should be their starting 1b since he is projected as a gold glove 1b with hitting ability.

Kendry Morales - i like him as a DH for this team. also a guy who splits time at 1b with kotchman to keep him fresh. Also i think he could a guy who gets a little time in LF with injury prone anderson out there.

Dallas McPherson - this guy is probably going to get another shot at 3b thisyear but i think he might be best suited in another organization. how much value to do you think others see in him still?

Do you think that additions of Kotchman and Morales into the starting lineup is enough to get this team over the hump? i personally dont. i think if those two guys can stay healthy and play a full year i think it will get them close, but they still need another bat. here is my projected angels starting lineup and rotation

c - Napoli
1b - Kotchman
2b - Kendrick
3b - AROD!!!(but more than likely not) therefore = Izturis
ss - Cabrera
lf - Anderson
cf - Figgins
rf - Guerrero
dh - Morales

Quinlin is a candidate to start at 1b or DH, but i really think he is best suited as a fill in player and pinch hitter

rotation:
1. J.Lackey
2. B.Colon (if healthy)
3. K.Escobar
4. J.Weaver
5. E.Santana
spot: J.Saunders
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigmex » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:54 am

i know part of this belongs in a different forum probably, but it goes along with my question of are those minor leaguers good fits in those positions? and in those positions would the angels improve enough offensively to stand pat?

projected lineup....
1. figgins
2. cabrera
3. guerrero
4. anderson
5. kotchman - he was projected as a good power guy too, will he work here?
6. morales - might be a long shot to bat ahead of napoli for now, but longterm this guy is gonna be great, so why not put him there now?
7. napoli
8. kendrick
9. izturis
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmex » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:56 am

oops i caught myself...Juan Rivera starting in CF, and moving figgins to 3b and out goes izturis.

here is the updated lineup projection:
1. figgins
2. cabrera
3. guerrero
4. rivera
5. anderson
6. kotchman
7. morales
8. napoli
9. kendrick - i think long term he projects higher, but i think this is the best spot in the lineup for him
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NatsFan10 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:45 pm

I don't know, Kotchman and McPherson have really fallen off, I don't think many people view them as elite prospects anymore.

However, Brandon Wood, Howie Kendrick, and Nick Adenhart all have a chance to be special.
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

A-ROD

Postby greenbaydude1232 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:00 pm

There is the possibility of A-ROD as u stated in ur original post but u forgot that if A-ROD was on the team most likely some of those prospects and probably figgins as well would not be on the team any longer.
greenbaydude1232
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmex » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:00 am

true, but im pretty sure when it came down to it the yankees would take ervin santana and casey kotchman, so kotchman would be moved from that lineup i listed.

if you are the yanks and you get that offer i think youd be dumb as hell to turn it down. ssantana is a great young sp they need badly. and kotchman is a gold glove caliber 1b which they need badly, and kotch can hit.
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

I agree

Postby greenbaydude1232 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:20 am

bigmex wrote:true, but im pretty sure when it came down to it the yankees would take ervin santana and casey kotchman, so kotchman would be moved from that lineup i listed.

if you are the yanks and you get that offer i think youd be dumb as hell to turn it down. ssantana is a great young sp they need badly. and kotchman is a gold glove caliber 1b which they need badly, and kotch can hit.

Yeah I agree with you but other names I've heard tossed around are: figgins, shields, and possibly other AAA prospects...

The Yankees don't really need shields so I don't see that happening. Figgins would fit in great in their lineup at the bottom after cano so I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to figgins and santana.

However, this being said, I don't see the Yankees Trading A-Rod this offseason. But if they decided to I wouldnt be surprised if he went to the Angels. They have a lot to offer.
greenbaydude1232
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: I agree

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:07 pm

greenbaydude1232 wrote:
bigmex wrote:true, but im pretty sure when it came down to it the yankees would take ervin santana and casey kotchman, so kotchman would be moved from that lineup i listed.

Yeah I agree with you but other names I've heard tossed around are: figgins, shields, and possibly other AAA prospects...

The Yankees don't really need shields so I don't see that happening. Figgins would fit in great in their lineup at the bottom after cano so I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to figgins and santana.

However, this being said, I don't see the Yankees Trading A-Rod this offseason. But if they decided to I wouldnt be surprised if he went to the Angels. They have a lot to offer.

Just a side note:

The Yankees would do a dance if they got Shields. Rivera will be 37, Villone will be 37, Dotel is a FA, Myers will be 38 next season, which leaves only Farnsworth as the sole reliver with lengthy major league experience under the age of in the Yankee pen. The Yankee pen is old and will quickly become a liability if help doesn't come from somewhere.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 137)

Postby thomasps3 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:12 pm

good point on Shields Havok.

Only in MLB can Scot Eyre, Bobby Howry, and Kyle Farnsworth get $5-$6MM per year - and they aren't even the cream de la cream.

Shields would instantly become the closer in waiting post Mo if he did end up there.
thomasps3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Location: Giving BIG UPS to Teddy BallGame for the AWESOME SIG

true

Postby greenbaydude1232 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 pm

this is all a good point but I don't believe at this point shields would be wanted by the yankees as much as the other players I named because Rivera is still so dominant and has another 2-3 years left.
greenbaydude1232
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball