Lastings Milledge and other minor league questions.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Lastings Milledge and other minor league questions....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lastings Milledge and other minor league questions....

Postby bigmex » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:09 am

Milledge: is this guy gonna have a starting gig next season in NYM? if im in a keep league with milledge in my minors, should i count on milledge coming up and starting the season in the OF for the mets? count him as one of my starters and focus attention elsewhere? or is he likely a guy who will start the season in the minors again cause there is nowhere for him to play?

Chris Snelling and Adam Jones: this guy had a good end of the season in Seattle, he was torrid in the minors but got the call anyways. he stayed healthy and played well. What does that mean for Adam Jones. Also Ichiro moved to CF and played successfully there and i believe was quoted in a seattle based paper as saying he was enjoying CF. With Ichiro moving to CF i would think that is bad news for adam jones. because snelling is a better fit at a corner outfield spot than adam jones is. I think jones was on the fast track until Ichiro moved to CF. Also jones struggled a bit in his breif stint in the majors this year.

Angel Guzman: Does this guy have a shot at joining the rotation next season? His ERA was higher than i would have liked, but his strikeouts/IP were great, and i think that might show that over a longer period of time he might be another power arm to add to that cubs rotation. problem is none of the other guys are ever healthy

Rich Hill: with his performance late in the season i think there is no doubt that he will be in the rotation next season. My main question is where in the rotation do you think he will be? what kind of projection would you make for his 2007 campaign?

Matt Garza: Statistically he wasnt great, but showed great promise. Does he take Radke's spot in the rotation?

Humberto Sanchez and Jordan Tata: where do they fit in detroit next season. id be really surprised if these two players were not in detroit in some capacity. im talking from the start of the season, where do they stand? Sanchez projects as the most likely to be a starter. Tata is more suited to be a reliever and i suspect thats where he will end up. Main question is, is there a spot for sanchez in the rotation this next season?

Andrew Miller: does this guy have a shot at making the club next year? my thoughts are he will be in the minors for sure to start the season and with a dominant performance he might get a mid season call up.
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Niffoc4 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:32 am

Milledge- I think he does have a job next year, whether it is RF or LF I have no clue.
Snelling/Jones- I think Snelling will be starting in the OF with Suzuki and Ibanez at the start of next year, and that Jones will start the year at AAA. Jones may have a better future, but until Snelling hurts himself I expect him to start in Seattle.

Guzman does have a shot to be in the rotation, but I wouldn't count on it, the Cubs could be players in the FA market this year, and have quite of few SPs anyway (Zambrano, Miller, Hill, Marshall, Prior?) who I would expect to get a shot first.

Hill- should have a rotation spot, and be an underrated, but good starter.

Garza- let someone else buy into the hype, he should start in AAA, and may or may not see any time with Minnesota (and would probably start as a reliever anyway).

Sanchez/Tata- I think both have a good chance to be with Detroit at the start of next season (though I expect at least one to start in the minors), but I wouldn't expect to see them starting immediately.

Miller is tough to gauge, he pitched well in limited appearances this year, and Leyland said all of the right stuff about him... but I'm not so sure his getting to the majors when he did wasn't just because the contract stipulated that he would be called up... I expect him to start the year in AAA, but wouldn't be too surprised to see him start the year in the Detroit pen.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball