Another line to chew on..... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another line to chew on.....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:09 pm

J35J wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:The only way I'd take Lee over Manny was if he ended up in a stacked line up or if he went to a great hitters park.



.......... Arlington ?? :-?



Yeah well Arlington did not give Soriano a huge boost. In fact RFK seems to have which makes no sense and starts the red flags a waiving if you are the supicious type like me. But that is another issue. I like Carlos Lee as a player mself, I just can't envision any situation (assuming they are both healthy of course) where I would pick him over a great player like Manny Ramirez.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:30 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
J35J wrote:
1337_Dude wrote:The only way I'd take Lee over Manny was if he ended up in a stacked line up or if he went to a great hitters park.



.......... Arlington ?? :-?



Yeah well Arlington did not give Soriano a huge boost. In fact RFK seems to have which makes no sense and starts the red flags a waiving if you are the supicious type like me. But that is another issue. I like Carlos Lee as a player mself, I just can't envision any situation (assuming they are both healthy of course) where I would pick him over a great player like Manny Ramirez.


Hey, I'm with ya Yanks, I just wanted to pose the question and get everyones wheels turning. Just wanted to say that when all is said and done next year, barring injury and what team Lee will end up with, that he could be a good bargain compared with Manny and where the two will be drafted.


Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:34 pm

Knowing that you have to spend your first pick on Manny if you want to have him on your roster, it makes Carlos Lee a much better pick based on these projections. However, even if Lee does stay in Arlington, I think the odds of him hitting that projection are around 33% compared to the 75%+ I would bank Manny on.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby wrveres » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:34 pm

No offense intended, so please don't take it that way, but I have never understood why people do next seasons projections in October?

It just boggles the mind ..

It seems like such a huge waste of time.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:37 pm

wrveres wrote:No offense intended, so please don't take it that way, but I have never understood why people do next seasons projections in October?

It just boggles the mind ..

It seems like such a huge waste of time.



What else are we suppose to do right now??? Talk about the Yankees? I do it because I like to. I also like to have the stuff done early so as the season goes along all I have to do is tweak stuff here and there as opposed to worrying about getting all this stuff done during ST or later. To each his own I guess...... I also have absolutely nothing to do at work this time of the year so what better to do then mess with baseball stuff?

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:50 pm

J35J wrote:
wrveres wrote:No offense intended, so please don't take it that way, but I have never understood why people do next seasons projections in October?

It just boggles the mind ..

It seems like such a huge waste of time.



What else are we suppose to do right now??? Talk about the Yankees? I do it because I like to. I also like to have the stuff done early so as the season goes along all I have to do is tweak stuff here and there as opposed to worrying about getting all this stuff done during ST or later. To each his own I guess...... I also have absolutely nothing to do at work this time of the year so what better to do then mess with baseball stuff?

Jason


No offense intended.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:55 pm

wrveres wrote:No offense

Sounds like your 2007 Hot Stove roster. :-D O:-)
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby J35J » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:56 pm

wrveres wrote:
J35J wrote:
wrveres wrote:No offense intended, so please don't take it that way, but I have never understood why people do next seasons projections in October?

It just boggles the mind ..

It seems like such a huge waste of time.



What else are we suppose to do right now??? Talk about the Yankees? I do it because I like to. I also like to have the stuff done early so as the season goes along all I have to do is tweak stuff here and there as opposed to worrying about getting all this stuff done during ST or later. To each his own I guess...... I also have absolutely nothing to do at work this time of the year so what better to do then mess with baseball stuff?

Jason


No offense intended.



None taken...... just giving you my answer. ;-D


Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 363)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:58 pm

davidmarver wrote:
wrveres wrote:No offense

Sounds like your 2007 Hot Stove roster. :-D O:-)


i wouldn't worry about that.
My Bats would make the Yankees jealous
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:01 pm

wrveres wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
wrveres wrote:No offense

Sounds like your 2007 Hot Stove roster. :-D O:-)


i wouldn't worry about that.
My Bats would make the Yankees jealous

Hey J35J, you wouldn't mind putting your Garrett Atkins projections up here along with your Chuck James ones would you? B-)
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact