Can Carpenter now go Game 1? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Can Carpenter now go Game 1?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can Carpenter now go Game 1?

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 am

because of the rain delay? that would be a harsh break for the mets.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:39 am

No, I saw after the game tonight that the pitchers would be the same tomorrow for the Cards and Mets.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 124)

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:15 am

No he can't. There's even rumor that La Russa won't bump Carp up to pitch in Game 2... which makes no sense. At all.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:39 am

Carp will go game 2. I can't believe the LaRussa would be dumb enough to sit him.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:40 pm

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument

La Russa is 'considering it'.. Right, why have your best starter, possibly the best starter left in all the playoffs, go in 2 and 6? It just makes too much sense...
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 pm

RAmst23 wrote:http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument

La Russa is 'considering it'.. Right, why have your best starter, possibly the best starter left in all the playoffs, go in 2 and 6? It just makes too much sense...

This is a no-brainer IMO.Carp is not only the Cards best pitcher but I agree that he is the best pitcher left in the playoffs.Larussa has to pitch Carp in games 2 and 6.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:34 pm

game would be a bad idea as that is short rest. pitchers tend not to perform too well these days on short rest. you dont need to do anything desperate in game 1. he should start games 2 & 6. i think TLR will eventually come to his senses. he will have to make a decision fairly quick. i imagine the game 3 starter will fly to stl ahead of the rest of the team since friday's game is now a night game.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:40 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:game would be a bad idea as that is short rest. pitchers tend not to perform too well these days on short rest. you dont need to do anything desperate in game 1. he should start games 2 & 6. i think TLR will eventually come to his senses. he will have to make a decision fairly quick. i imagine the game 3 starter will fly to stl ahead of the rest of the team since friday's game is now a night game.

josh beckett, randy johnson, curt schilling. there's lots of examples of pitchers going on 3 days rest. i think the best bet would be giving carp a shot at going games 1-4-7, but i have no idea how carpenters feeling.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby BritSox » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:51 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:game would be a bad idea as that is short rest. pitchers tend not to perform too well these days on short rest. you dont need to do anything desperate in game 1. he should start games 2 & 6. i think TLR will eventually come to his senses. he will have to make a decision fairly quick. i imagine the game 3 starter will fly to stl ahead of the rest of the team since friday's game is now a night game.

I don't like the Cards' chances of beating Glavine anyway. Start Carp in II, then if he can win that (vs Maine? Or Trax?) they seem to have a good shot, going home for two against the back of the Met rotation, then starting him in six if need be.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby mak1277 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:15 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:

josh beckett, randy johnson, curt schilling. there's lots of examples of pitchers going on 3 days rest. i think the best bet would be giving carp a shot at going games 1-4-7, but i have no idea how carpenters feeling.

I could see them starting him on 3 days rest once during the series...but there is no way on earth they would start him on three days rest three times. I just don't see it happening (or being wise).
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers