Interview on Japanese players possibly posting for MLB 2007 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Interview on Japanese players possibly posting for MLB 2007

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interview on Japanese players possibly posting for MLB 2007

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:04 pm

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/10/i ... bob_b.html

I'd also like to point out Seung-Yeop Lee (Korean playing in Japan). He's 30 and is a pending FA. So, he doesn't need to be posted. Lee led the WBC with five home runs and I think he led the Japanese Central league in HR this year as well.

Might be the #1 3B FA for the 2007 season if Aram extends with the Cubs. Phillies maybe?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:04 pm

17-28 M just to get the rights to talk to Matsuzaka...insane.

Who is going to spend that type of money and then blow a wad to sign the guy? A guy that coul dbe another Irabu.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:08 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:17-28 M just to get the rights to talk to Matsuzaka...insane.

Who is going to spend that type of money and then blow a wad to sign the guy? A guy that coul dbe another Irabu.

I think it'll be around 20-25 million. How much did K or H. Matsui post for?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:20 pm

Havok1517 wrote:

The Yomiuri Giants refuse to recognize the posting system from my understanding. THe Yanks worked out a separate deal with them I believe. No idea on the other Matsui.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:20 pm

Havok1517 wrote:

Ichiro posted for 13 million. But he was the first Japanese hitter to try to come to the majors.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Re: Interview on Japanese players possibly posting for MLB 2007

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:51 pm

Havok1517 wrote:http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2006/10/i ... bob_b.html

I'd also like to point out Seung-Yeop Lee (Korean playing in Japan). He's 30 and is a pending FA. So, he doesn't need to be posted. Lee led the WBC with five home runs and I think he led the Japanese Central league in HR this year as well.

Might be the #1 3B FA for the 2007 season if Aram extends with the Cubs. Phillies maybe?

I thought SY Lee was a 1B, not a 3B? I heard Yankee scouts were checking him out in Japan this summer. He has expressed that he either wants to play in LA or NY (dont they all) but neither of NY teams need a left handed 1B/DH so i think LA might be the destination for him (depending on whether Nomar re-signs). There has been a lot of comparison of Lee to Godzilla in terms of power #s but I see SY Lee to have tad less success as Godzilla in the majors.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:04 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:

I thought SY Lee was a 1B, not a 3B? I heard Yankee scouts were checking him out in Japan this summer. He has expressed that he either wants to play in LA or NY (dont they all) but neither of NY teams need a left handed 1B/DH so i think LA might be the

destination for him (depending on whether Nomar re-signs). There has been a lot of comparison of Lee to Godzilla in terms of power #s but I see SY Lee to have tad less success as Godzilla in the majors.

You're right. I was actually thinking about another player in Japan when I wrote that. I believe the guy I'm thinking about was the starting 3B for the Japanese team during to WBC.

I do think Lee could be a good fit for a teams like Baltimore or possibly the Angels if things stay the same with those teams.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:44 pm

One of these years I wanna play Japenese fantasy baseball...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:

I thought SY Lee was a 1B, not a 3B? I heard Yankee scouts were checking him out in Japan this summer. He has expressed that he either wants to play in LA or NY (dont they all) but neither of NY teams need a left handed 1B/DH so i think LA might be the

destination for him (depending on whether Nomar re-signs). There has been a lot of comparison of Lee to Godzilla in terms of power #s but I see SY Lee to have tad less success as Godzilla in the majors.

You're right. I was actually thinking about another player in Japan when I wrote that. I believe the guy I'm thinking about was the starting 3B for the Japanese team during to WBC.

I do think Lee could be a good fit for a teams like Baltimore or possibly the Angels if things stay the same with those teams.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby nikku88 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:34 am

Havok1517 wrote:I think it'll be around 20-25 million. How much did K or H. Matsui post for?

Both Matsuis were Free Agents. Same with Johjima.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers