Offseason Yankees changes? (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Offseason Yankees changes? (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should Torre stay or go?

Stay
67%
Go
33%

Total votes : 15

Postby TheYanks04 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:45 pm

blankman wrote:
soxfan364 wrote:I'm telling you, a bet an A-Rod for Manny deal gets worked out.... both teams looking to dump an expensive problem

And just where would Manny play on the Yankees?

And if they dealt ARod, they sure as hell wouldn't give him the chance to come back and haunt them in their own division.

Oh sure they could. I would bet money on Manny sticking it to Boston well before Arod ever stuck it to the Yanks. But there is no open spot unless you deal one of the current OFs, which is not really practical.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:32 pm

3. A-Rod + Giambi ---> Willis + Hanley

You do realize That both A-Rod and Giambi make more than the entire Marlins team. Right?
RJ24VC15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:15 pm

New York will eat A-Rod alive next season. I shudder to turn on sports radio tomorrow and listen to what these fools will say.

Yeah, he was absolutely pathetic in this series. The entire team was a joke. You know that everyone is going to focus on him, though. They'll make his life a living hell. When the fans and media allow this whole A-Rod thing to spin so wildly out of proportion to the point in which Torre bats him 8th in the biggest game of the year....well then, you know it's bad.

When day in, and day out, you are constantly getting torn to bits by the newspaper, media and fans, you start to believe it at some point. It's obvious that A-Rod puts a whole lot of pressure on himself because of it, and it's only going to get worse. I'm afraid that he is no longer going to be able to play in New York. The fans and media have screwed this thing up so badly that no matter what the guy does, he's always going to have the pressure on him, and he's never, ever, going to feel comfortable.

Trading Alex Rodriguez, one of the greatest players in the history of the game, might be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, but at this point, I'm not sure the Yankees have any other choice. The media and fans have tarnished his image so badly, that he is basically getting run out of New York at this point. He isn't innocent in the scenario, but he sure wasn't treated fairly through all of this, and because of it, he might just be shipped out forever.

It's a very unfortunate situation, and one that makes me sick, but it's got a very high probability of going down, in my opinion.

:-[
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Smileyman9 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:26 pm

Ah. I love living in NY, you'd think the world just ended.

A-rod is going no where...I almost spit my beer out when the pre-game FOX show offered up the scenerio of trading Arod back to the Marlins for Dontrelle Willis :-?

I think they most of all need a new manager, Joe has done a lot for the organization - but I think he's tired and needs to take a different role with the organization. My pick for new manager has been the same for a while - it's all about Sweet Lou Pinella - the Yankees played with 0 enthusiasm today. Heck, at one point I think in the 7th they had a shot of the Yankee dugout and Damon was smiling and laughing....Sweet Lou would have knocked that smile right off his face.

These guys (even Arod) have talent - they've proven it. Now they just need someone to light a fire under them.

My other offseason thoughts. You have to see about finding a way to get Mussina back, mostly for lack of other pitching options. My other thought is picking up the phone right this minute and calling Andy Pettitte to see how he wants to finish out his career. You can mock me all you want - his last month was lights out, I really think he spent the majority of the season battling something because the Andy Pettite of 05 and the Andy Pettite of the last month of 06 were amazing...the time in between was just a weird long blip.

Otherwise. Realistically you can make up all the weird fantasy baseball moves that you want to...Arod isn't going anywhere without the Yankees paying a large chunk of change....and that boys and girls is just plain silly to pay to move an amazing talent.
Smileyman9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:28 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:New York will eat A-Rod alive next season. I shudder to turn on sports radio tomorrow and listen to what these fools will say.

Yeah, he was absolutely pathetic in this series. The entire team was a joke. You know that everyone is going to focus on him, though. They'll make his life a living hell. When the fans and media allow this whole A-Rod thing to spin so wildly out of proportion to the point in which Torre bats him 8th in the biggest game of the year....well then, you know it's bad.

When day in, and day out, you are constantly getting torn to bits by the newspaper, media and fans, you start to believe it at some point. It's obvious that A-Rod puts a whole lot of pressure on himself because of it, and it's only going to get worse. I'm afraid that he is no longer going to be able to play in New York. The fans and media have screwed this thing up so badly that no matter what the guy does, he's always going to have the pressure on him, and he's never, ever, going to feel comfortable.

Trading Alex Rodriguez, one of the greatest players in the history of the game, might be one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, but at this point, I'm not sure the Yankees have any other choice. The media and fans have tarnished his image so badly, that he is basically getting run out of New York at this point. He isn't innocent in the scenario, but he sure wasn't treated fairly through all of this, and because of it, he might just be shipped out forever.

It's a very unfortunate situation, and one that makes me sick, but it's got a very high probability of going down, in my opinion.

:-[

A lot of great points and IMO the smart money is on A-Rod being A-Gone.The who's at fault,did he deserve this kind of treatment,why is he being singled out portion of the program is over.It's time for the Yankees,and IMO A-Rod as well, to move on. How much of this crap should A-Rod have to tolerate and also this whole magnifying of A-Rod has taken a life of its own & no one can tell me this hasn't been a distraction for the Yanks. IMO, there will not be no shortage of suitors for A-Rod(good for the Yanks)and quite frankly there are some great situations out there (Anaheim comes to mind) for A-Rod.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikekim2121 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:36 pm

I hope for Arod's sake he gets traded. He's one of the game's best players and he shouldnt be treated as bad as he's been in NY. Hopefully the Yanks will be willing to eat some of his contract because you could probably count the number of teams that can afford him on one hand.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:37 pm

Smileyman9 wrote:Otherwise. Realistically you can make up all the weird fantasy baseball moves that you want to...Arod isn't going anywhere without the Yankees paying a large chunk of change....and that boys and girls is just plain silly to pay to move an amazing talent.

You have to remember that Texas is paying about 9M of his $25M & while $16M a year is a lot of scratch for a team to inherit, it's definitely not unreasonable for someone like A-rod.Also, the Yanks will most likely get a big ticket($$$) item back which would offset some of A-Rod's salary as I can't see A-Rod being traded for a package centered around prospects.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikekim2121 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:37 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:IMO, there will not be no shortage of suitors for A-Rod(good for the Yanks)and quite frankly there are some great situations out there (Anaheim comes to mind) for A-Rod.

I'm not sure there's going to be that many teams that are able to trade for him. Not only do they have to pay the highest paid player in the league, the Yanks are still going to want some quality (probably not a mega star) back in return.
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:46 pm

mikekim2121 wrote:
StarsNPinstripes wrote:IMO, there will not be no shortage of suitors for A-Rod(good for the Yanks)and quite frankly there are some great situations out there (Anaheim comes to mind) for A-Rod.

I'm not sure there's going to be that many teams that are able to trade for him. Not only do they have to pay the highest paid player in the league, the Yanks are still going to want some quality (probably not a mega star) back in return.

I definitely agree there won't be 10-12 teams but both Chicago teams and Anaheim are three teams that IMO can absorb A-Rod's contract, have the talent to acquire A-Rod and are good situations for A-Rod.I'm more concerned about A-Rod waiving his no trade clause than I am of the Yankees finding a team to trade A-Rod to.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Iconoclastic » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:10 am

We need to get Phil Jackson.

And Kyle Farnsworth really doesn't belong in NY either, especially not in the late innings. He'd make a great mop-up guy as he does well without pressure or else a closer on a small market noncontending team.
[b]Bold Predictions:[/b]

Grady Sizemore will have more value than Jason Bay regardless of draft position

Aramis Ramirez in 155 G will hit over .300 40 HR 110 RBIs

Brian McCann will have more value than Jorge Posada regardless of draft position
Iconoclastic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers