100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Nine

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:33 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Yea Deal or no deal is garbage

someone...it may have been Sim, said they should just call it Randomly Opening Boxes...that show makes me hate America

Make it "Greedy people with bad math skills, randomly opening boxes" and you got yourself a deal.

No way, "randomly opening boxes" sounds like fun... this is pure retardation. It's more like "randomly pointing at things" or something to that effect. And for anyone who says they only watch it for the hot chicks, I have this to say... get the Internet. There are far better ways to waste two hours on a Wednesday night.

And I disagree with the "Greedy people with bad math skills" thing. First of all, I want to know how they pick the contestants... is it random? Do they interview? Do they pick the most polarizing people possible; NASCAR dads? The token black family? Upper-middle-class white, anglo-saxon protestant families just like everyone else? If someone came up to me on the street and said "how would you like to point at boxes and win millions of dollar" well, I'd say yes, and so would you, your mom, your idiot neighbors, your most annoying co-workers and any monkey in the zoo. They don't have "bad math skills" they have NO SKILLS AT ALL, because they're not required. It's guessing. It's like Press Your Luck without the questions, the big board of prizes OR the whammies. It's the most boring concept in the history of contests. It's like Publisher's Clearinghouse without the magazines. It's so many things that define what is godless and wrong with our society.

Hahaha, I'm starting to crack myself up with the cliches, but you get the point.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:39 pm

They aren't greedy cause they go on the show. Given the opportunity I showing up and pointing at boxes for my chance to win money. They are greedy cause they are never satisfied with the offers they get and then end up blowing it.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:42 pm

I'd point at boxes it would be easy.

I'd take the first 100,000 they offered and be out
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:40 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:They aren't greedy cause they go on the show. Given the opportunity I showing up and pointing at boxes for my chance to win money. They are greedy cause they are never satisfied with the offers they get and then end up blowing it.

Well the people on the show aren't smart... of course not. All the smart people went on Jeopardy! or Who Wants to be A Millionaire! (I think every game show, like Jeopardy! should have an exclamation point after it just to solidify every game shows' little bit of absurdity). You're not going to find Ken Jennings drooling on himself as he points at suitcases.

Even Fear Factor required a skill, as much as I hate to admit... although I wouldn't call eating bugs a skill, nor would it be something I'd think people "fear." Maybe I'd go on Fear Factor if I had to fend of killer clowns from outer space, but until then, I'll stick with fantasy baseball as my primary source of entertainment.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Coppermine wrote:Maybe I'd go on Fear Factor if I had to fend of killer clowns from outer space, but until then, I'll stick with fantasy baseball as my primary source of entertainment.

Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Maybe I'd go on Fear Factor if I had to fend of killer clowns from outer space, but until then, I'll stick with fantasy baseball as my primary source of entertainment.

Thats a good call....

That movie was awesome. yet disturbing
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:26 pm

Damn, I actually was watching Smith and had enjoyed it so far... I assumed it wasn't on last night because they didn't want to compete with playoff baseball. I had no idea that it was already cancelled... Boo CBS! :-t :-/
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:16 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Damn, I actually was watching Smith and had enjoyed it so far... I assumed it wasn't on last night because they didn't want to compete with playoff baseball. I had no idea that it was already cancelled... Boo CBS! :-t :-/

No, boooooo people... no one watched it. Know what they WERE watching instead?

Well, Dancing With the Stars KILLED in the ratings department, so expect a lot more garbage reality tv.

The 10 PM slot; everyone was watching SVU. How original.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:08 am

Coppermine wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Damn, I actually was watching Smith and had enjoyed it so far... I assumed it wasn't on last night because they didn't want to compete with playoff baseball. I had no idea that it was already cancelled... Boo CBS! :-t :-/

No, boooooo people... no one watched it. Know what they WERE watching instead?

Well, Dancing With the Stars KILLED in the ratings department, so expect a lot more garbage reality tv.

The 10 PM slot; everyone was watching SVU. How original.

Now see I thought the advertised it as "Tuesday Night's Number One Show" but maybe I'm mistaken... Oh well.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to General Talk