100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Nine

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:18 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Terrible show, absolutely terrible.

In fact, it's my pick to be the first show cancelled this fall.

Too late "Smith" already go the axe.

Whats Smith!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_(TV_series)

Sounds terrible :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:23 am

I never watched Smith and no it didn't sound too good but I don't get the point of pulling a show after 3 episodes.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:24 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:I never watched Smith and no it didn't sound too good but I don't get the point of pulling a show after 3 episodes.

I'd like to know what celebrity/weight loss/point-at-something-and-win-money reality show takes its place.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:48 pm

Coppermine wrote:

Meanwhile, Jericho keeps on truckin.' Jericho is soooo dumb... the acting is horrible, the characters are idiots, the plot is full of holes and ridiculous twists.... but I'm hooked just because I want to know what's going to happen!

I guess it's on tonight, but screw that, Mets/Cards!

I agree about Jericho being dumb with the acting and plot line, but it has had me hooked the first few weeks. But I think the hook is coming more from the mysterious St. Louis cop that I have a feeling has something to do with the bombs more then anything. Oh well, Pujols will be beating the Mets tonight, so that will be much more important.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:02 pm

I just wish NBC would stop airing Deal or No Deal on thursdays and move The Office back to its old time slot. I've missed the beginning of three episodes now because I'm still wrangling my one-year old to get her to bed.

Deal or No Deal I'm quite certain was spawned by Satan. It's just a stupid, stupid show.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Coppermine » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:18 pm

ironman wrote:I just wish NBC would stop airing Deal or No Deal on thursdays and move The Office back to its old time slot. I've missed the beginning of three episodes now because I'm still wrangling my one-year old to get her to bed.

Deal or No Deal I'm quite certain was spawned by Satan. It's just a stupid, stupid show.

Deal or No Deal is perhaps the greatest indication of our nation's brain-dead stupidity. Now, now, I don't want to step on any toes, I know some cafe-ers enjoy the show, but I can only hope an assume it's a guilty pleasure rather than a proud, intellectual exercise. Then again, many people scoff at the idea that television should be, in any way, intellectual or even go so far as to persuade you to think, but that's simply a debate for the merits of television as entertainment or it's contribution to America's brain drain.

Deal or No Deal; that is the question, and the only question which pits contestants with no skills whatsoever to point at suitcases like zombies and grunt as Howie Mandel attempts to speak ever-more slowly in order to invent a non-existent air of suspense while leading into a slew of idiotic commercials that advertisers scramble for because Deal or No Deal is the ultimate example of a "quantity, not quality" show whose express purpose is to maintain viewers eyeballs so that they can be influenced to buy their next truck from Chevy.

Whew!

Anyway, if this show is any indication, it means people want more mindless entertainment (sometimes for two hours at a time) in the tradition of other idiocies like Fear Factor and Joe Millionaire. It seems public interest in shows like 24, LOST, The Office, and anything on HBO is nothing more than a ruse, as money talks, creativity walks and people would rather go to bed with an empty head rather than questions of the practicality vs. the morality of the characters in a complex, continuing series.

I'm ashamed. Damn you Howie Mandel.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:39 pm

Yea Deal or no deal is garbage
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:Yea Deal or no deal is garbage

someone...it may have been Sim, said they should just call it Randomly Opening Boxes...that show makes me hate America

on a side note, does anyone know if Vanished got the ax yet?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:22 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

someone...it may have been Sim, said they should just call it Randomly Opening Boxes...that show makes me hate America

on a side note, does anyone know if Vanished got the ax yet?

The families are great on Deal or No Deal though. They had this new jersey family on and man were they the biggest freak shows ever!

This is nice though:
The Girls of Deal or No deal
http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_max ... oDeal.girl
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

Make it "Greedy people with bad math skills, randomly opening boxes" and you got yourself a deal.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk