Yechh - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Oakland A's

Yechh

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yechh

Postby Half Massed » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:14 am

What a crappy game for the A's. Terrible defense, terrible hitting with RISP and bad umpiring all contributed to that loss. On the bright side, maybe it'll make the Tigers overconfident. Right? Right? :-o
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Afan4Life » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:18 am

Its dissapointing to go down but we're certainly not out of it.

I can only say this. Have faith my friend. I like our chances in games 3 and 4. Harden and Haren are gamers. Momentum can easily shift in a series like this and I definitely feel a turn of the tide coming on.

Go A'S!!!!!
Afan4Life
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Half Massed » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:34 pm

Well, hopefully we'll be seeing another game in Oakland.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:13 pm

:,-(

It's easy to criticize Macha and the crew after they lost the game last night, but I can honestly say that I would have gone with Haren over Loaiza for game 2. :-/
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:12 pm

Oh well fellas, it was a great season. They had a great year despite numerous injuries. ALDS is nice. From what I understand, basically this whole core should be here next year, with Kennedy, Payton, Zito and Thomas the only free agents to be. Zito is gone, and Payton probably is too. Kennedy will be Zito's replacement, and rumours are that Beane offered Thomas 2 years at 15 million....you guys hear that?

Anyways, congrats to the tigers, they deserved it.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:46 am

Yeah the Tiger's outplayed the A's. Plain and simple.

Thomas and Zito are the main free agents and Duke and Bradley are abitration-eligible. Should be a fun offseason. I'll make a 2007 A's Outlook and Predictions thread in a month or so. ;-D
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Afan4Life » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 pm

Well pretty rough ending to the season guys but after the sting of the loss wears off I don't think we can look at this year as anything but an overwhelming success. They really played their hearts out down the stretch, overcoming injuries and everything else. They just met the wrong team at the wrong time. I mean seriously, have you ever seen a team pitch and hit like the Tigers did in the postseason? I'm amazed.

Anyways, looks like Macha got canned already and I can't say I'm dissapointed. I'd love to see Ron Washington get the job but who knows. Whatever happens, the future looks pretty bright for Oaktown. I wish they could somehow find a way to bring back #75 but regardless, the A's should be primed for another run next year.

Have a great offseason guys.
Afan4Life
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Afan4Life » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:51 pm

Oh hey guys, one more question for ya. Do either of you know of a good fantasy league with some openings for next year? I only ask because the one I've been in in the past just finished up its last year and I was hoping to find a new, deeper, long-term keeper league to join, and I'd love to get in one with some fellow A's fans. PM me or leave a response if you have any suggestions. Thanks guys,

Steve
Afan4Life
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RynMan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:54 pm

Afan4Life wrote:Oh hey guys, one more question for ya. Do either of you know of a good fantasy league with some openings for next year? I only ask because the one I've been in in the past just finished up its last year and I was hoping to find a new, deeper, long-term keeper league to join, and I'd love to get in one with some fellow A's fans. PM me or leave a response if you have any suggestions. Thanks guys,

Steve

I wish I could help ya out Steve. I play with my buddies down here in Australia. HM might know of a league, if not, check out the classifieds section in here!
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Oakland A's