ALERT - U.S. Online Poker Players (READ!!!!!!) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ALERT - U.S. Online Poker Players (READ!!!!!!)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:18 am

well, you could always play for play chips ;-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:19 am

Old_Style wrote:well, you could always play for play chips ;-D

Why?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CheeseBeger » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:39 am

Well Bush just signed the bill, but didn't make any statement about online gambling before he signed it. Only time will tell now...

Hmm... depending on how this turns out, I might try out PokerStars!
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:03 pm

most sites are still up and operating and neteller is still open for us customers, so far so good :-o ;-7

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CheeseBeger » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:01 pm

Very encouraging frontpage cover story on msnbc.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15240569/
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mak1277 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:08 pm

Maybe this will reduce the number of players in the WSOP though and make it watchable/interesting again.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Tavish » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:21 pm

Madison wrote:Not according to the articles I've read. It's money *to* and *from* any of the gaming sites, or companies that do that sort of thing (like Neteller). Even actual checks won't be cashed, but there's a 9 month window before banks have to enforce that policy. Plenty of time to get the money out.

Any chance I you can dig up a few of the links to those articles? Prohibting the gamblers from receiving payment seems like a fairly strange interpretation of "person engaged in the business of betting...".

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Tavish wrote:
Madison wrote:Not according to the articles I've read. It's money *to* and *from* any of the gaming sites, or companies that do that sort of thing (like Neteller). Even actual checks won't be cashed, but there's a 9 month window before banks have to enforce that policy. Plenty of time to get the money out.

Any chance I you can dig up a few of the links to those articles? Prohibting the gamblers from receiving payment seems like a fairly strange interpretation of "person engaged in the business of betting...".

Actually it's more like the government telling the banks not to process payments to or from places like Neteller and Firepay. No wire transfers, checks are no good, etc. That kind of thing.

As to the first place I check for articles, here you go:

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/

Scroll down, center of the page at the bottom. Full archive too, so have fun. The 2+2 forums also have good articles on it as well.

Oh, and something to note that kinda crushes your theory, is if the government doesn't care about the companies that are moving the money, why did Firepay pull out of the U.S. and why is Neteller shaking in their boots? Neteller says it's business as usual, but it won't take much to convince them to shut down all U.S. business like Firepay did.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby OhMrScottyTrav06 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 pm

What's a guy with a mac supposed to do? I want to play on Pokerstars but they don't have a mac compatible download. I could play on Full Tilt but I have to jump through all these hoops that will probably not be worth it in the end if the fish have to go through the same ordeal, probably giving up when they can't immediately deposit their money.

This law sucks.
OhMrScottyTrav06
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Musketeer

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:23 pm

cant you DL a windows operating system and then DL pokerstars? i know it would probably be a hassle, but worth it in the end....

i cashed out money on absolute poker on friday afternoon and everything was fine....cashed out some money today on bodog as well and everything seemed to work flawlessly so far..

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk