A couple relevant news stories... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A couple relevant news stories...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:16 pm

acsguitar wrote:110 Pound wife

lucky

Lucky how? Anyone here ever get married to a woman without seeing her first? :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:17 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
roninmedia wrote:
thedude wrote:
Mugrila wrote:They'll compete over just about anything these days.

I wouldn't say this is anything new. They have been having bathtub races for years.

Giant pumpkin boat races in Wisconsin. ;-D

Farra's first-place finish earned him and his 110-pound wife Tess her weight in beer

110 pounds of beer, how much is that? :-D

110 pounds = 1,760 ounces = 146.66666666 bottles of beer. Sounds like a nice weekend. ;-D

So he got like a keg...
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:14 pm

Wife carrying contests aren't really that new. I believe it's an annual tradition up in Finland.

And 247 Jalapenos? Can you say Preparation H? :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Mugrila » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:07 pm

thedude wrote:
Mugrila wrote:They'll compete over just about anything these days.

I wouldn't say this is anything new. They have been having bathtub races for years.

I didn't really mean now, there have been wacky races, contests, and competitions for centuries if not more. It just seems that you could find a competition for just about anything. I mean, have contests to see who can launch a pumpkin the farthest.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:41 pm

Mugrila wrote:I didn't really mean now, there have been wacky races, contests, and competitions for centuries if not more. It just seems that you could find a competition for just about anything. I mean, have contests to see who can launch a pumpkin the farthest.

Ha, that reminds me of this festival in England where they throw cheese down a hill, while there are folks who chase down that roll of cheese down the steep decline of the hill.

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:56 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Mugrila wrote:I didn't really mean now, there have been wacky races, contests, and competitions for centuries if not more. It just seems that you could find a competition for just about anything. I mean, have contests to see who can launch a pumpkin the farthest.

Ha, that reminds me of this festival in England where they throw cheese down a hill, while there are folks who chase down that roll of cheese down the steep decline of the hill.

What kind of cheese?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:34 pm

acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

What kind of cheese?

I'm gonna go with Gouda.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:42 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

What kind of cheese?

I'm gonna go with Gouda.

Yeah, something like that. Just a big roll of cheese (let's say 25 pounds).

Notice I didn't say kilos, Cu, which should prove to you I'm not British. :-b :-D

The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:45 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

What kind of cheese?

I'm gonna go with Gouda.

Notice I didn't say kilos, Cu, which should prove to you I'm not British. :-b :-D

Gouda ick...lets get some pepperjack
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:51 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

What kind of cheese?

I'm gonna go with Gouda.

Don't waste cheese! 8-o

Waste something like eggplant or liver. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk