A-Rod for sale - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A-Rod for sale

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:17 pm

Coppermine wrote:
DJ Gallo wrote:Here are 10 arguments you can use to shoot down even the most ardent A-Rod hater:

1. A-Rod only struck out four times in the series. That may not be great, but do you want to know who struck out four times in the 1977 World Series? Reggie Jackson. Yet Jackson was hailed as a hero and named series MVP, while A-Rod gets dumped on. That's a double standard and it's simply not fair. (Sure, Jackson had five home runs in the 1977 World Series, including three in the clincher, but that's just semantics.)

2. I can't believe people are ripping on A-Rod when baseball is full of steroids abusers. Just think what kind of series he would have had if he used illegal performance-enhancing drugs. We're talking .150 or .200, and maybe even an RBI or two.

3. A-Rod was just pacing himself to turn it on in the ALCS and World Series. I mean, why waste hits against the Tigers? Everyone knows they stink and were overmatched by the Yankees.

4. If the Yankees had big leads in all the games, A-Rod would have produced. It's not his fault his teammates didn't set him up for success.

5. So A-Rod isn't a true Yankee? Well, then neither is Mariano Rivera. New York's "Hall of Fame" closer did absolutely nothing in the final three games. And that's a fact.

6. A-Rod would have had a great series if it wasn't for Joe Torre. A-Rod started the series 1-for-2, and if Torre had pulled him then he would have finished the series batting .500 -- and a .500 batting average in the playoffs is something only an ultra-clutch, all-time great can accomplish.

7. Lay off him. He's only a No. 8 hitter. Guys at the bottom of the order are usually in the lineup for their defense, not their bat. OK, so maybe not defense in certain cases either. But it's a rule that you have to fill a lineup with nine guys, and Rodriguez allowed the Yankees to do that.

8. He'd play better if he didn't have to stand beside Derek Jeter in the field. You try hitting when your eyes are stinging and watery due to having to breath in that stanky cologne all day. The guy pours that nasty stuff on like he's a 14-year-old boy on a date at the mall.

9. Everyone wants to talk about Detroit's starting pitchers. But look at A-Rod's ERA in the series. It was 0.00. No one on the Tigers did any better than that.

10. I think A-Rod is awesome. But, granted, I'm not as bright as he is.

Holy crap those are great! I don't think I've ever read a more hilarious post here. ;-D ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 1337_Dude » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:27 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:Haha, those Yankee fans have a great sense of humor. Any chance ACS did this?

I was thinking Yanks04.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:29 pm

1337_Dude wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Haha, those Yankee fans have a great sense of humor. Any chance ACS did this?

I was thinking Yanks04.

I'll believe that. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:00 pm

Nice list Cu. ;-D :-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:05 pm

1337_Dude wrote:

I was thinking Yanks04.

Not me :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:48 pm

Wonder if it's a woman or a guy with the high bid. :-o

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:49 pm

Madison wrote:Wonder if it's a woman or a guy with the high bid. :-o

:-b

It's obviously Jeter. So, in answer to your question, I have no idea. }:-) :-b ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:50 pm

the link wrote: This listing (290037843795) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

:,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:42 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
the link wrote: This listing (290037843795) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.
If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay.

:,-(

Darn, there go the Dodgers' chances of acquiring A-Rod for dirt cheap.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Postby thedude » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:20 am

Don't worry, I am sure if they contact Cashman, he will be happy to relist A-Rod.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk