I was at game 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

I was at game 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I was at game 3

Postby ScarletP » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:16 am

Got SRO tix on Ebay last weekend below face value, so 6 of us made the roadie from Grand Rapids to see the first playoff game in Detroit since 87.

Unreal. That place was crazy. We stood in right center field (just to the right of the GM fountain. Great spot to watch the game from.

You saw the game, so I won't bore you with the game details.

43,440 people doing the wave? Incredible.

All of those same people chanting "Ken-ny! Ken-ny! Ken-ny!? Moving.

Most memorable part of the night is half an hour after the game, walking out, and everybody is celebrating. Everybody is high-fiving everybody. Guys chest-bumping complete strangers. This 20-somthing girl goes running up to a 70-something man who she's never seen before in her life, gives him a huge hug, and runs back to her friends to continue celebrating.

I don't know that I will ever have a more memorable baseball experience in the rest of my life.

Thanks to the Tigers for making this possible. Thanks to the 5 friends who joined me in the experience. Thanks even to the obnoxious guy behind us, who by the 8th inning was plastered enough that his heckling digressed to "Hey Damon, I f****d your sister"

Guess what? Playoff baseball is back in Detroit!
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:45 pm

Great story! ;-D I've got a friend down there today who had an empty ticket he was looking to fill. But, I had to watch my boy while the wife went an photographed a wedding. Bummer, but I'm glad he's watching a good game too.

Does anybody know if the Tigers and A's meet, who gets home field advantage?
LT Blue Colt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:14 pm

The A's get home field because they won their division. Wild card teams don't get home field advantage. What a tremendous game today. Beating the Evil Empire at home soooooooo sweet!.

Extremely jealous of you ScarletP. That place must have be electric when Zumaya came out there. Good Times ;-D
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mugrila » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:59 pm

Game 3 was probably only topped by game 4. What a great series for the Tigers. Congrats. ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby ScarletP » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:17 am

moochman wrote:That place must have be electric when Zumaya came out there. Good Times ;-D

I find it quite funny that when Zumaya comes out, "Voodoo Chile" gets cranked out (think "Hells Bells" or "Enter Sandman") and when Jonesy come in we get ??? Quite obvious who the closer of the future is...

The entire inning was electric. When Rogers came back out to start the 8th the place got really wild. To think that 15 months ago he was getting booed by the crowd at the All-Star game. Now he's a rock star.
ScarletP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Detroit Tigers