Jose Lopez, 2b, Seattle Mariners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Lopez, 2b, Seattle Mariners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Lopez, 2b, Seattle Mariners

Postby bigmex » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:47 am

What do you guys think of him? he started out the year dominating, but finished the year in a fantasy slump. He still hit for average in the second half, but the production elsewhere was almost nonexistant. Just wondering a couple things. in general what do you see in his future, and what is a realistic prediction of his production for next year.
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bozo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:31 pm

Considering his young age (21?), I think the numbers he put up were pretty amazing even with his second half falloff. I'm not expecting he'll ever have great power numbers (20 HRs in his prime is probably realistic) or speed (15 bags a year if he's lucky) but I'm thinkin he'll probably be a consistent .300 hitter that could drive in 80-90 runs a year depending on where they hit him in the lineup. Seems to remind me of Robinson Cano numbers.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby bigmex » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:48 pm

yea i was kinda thinkin the same thing. my thinking was a perennial .290-.305 hitter. with around 80-90 runs, 12-15 hr, 70-80 rbi, and maybe 5-10 sb. thats what i was kinda thinking from him. its nothing special in reality, but for a 2b i think it could make him a top 7 or 8 guy.
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:55 pm

He'll go before I'm willing to take him, but I think he could be a fine player. He is still a youngster.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 467)

Return to Baseball Leftovers