Jose Lopez, 2b, Seattle Mariners - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Jose Lopez, 2b, Seattle Mariners

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jose Lopez, 2b, Seattle Mariners

Postby bigmex » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:46 am

What do you guys think of him? he started out the year dominating, but finished the year in a fantasy slump. He still hit for average in the second half, but the production elsewhere was almost nonexistant. Just wondering a couple things. in general what do you see in his future, and what is a realistic prediction of his production for next year.
bigmex
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcbrett5 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:12 pm

Still learning at 22 yrs old, He did have a promising season for a long term keeper. Personally i like Lopez. I could see 15 HR / 5 SB / .290 avg./ 80 RBI / 80 R... nothing spectacular, but if you have him cheap.
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Lopez

Postby fantasyguy26 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:45 pm

I've been following Jose since he was very young. he struggles last year after someone in his family was sick or died...I don't remember. He's a very young kid, but he should have had time to come to terms this year. I think he has a good shot to hit close to .300, with homers between 15 and 30, if they let him run he has the ability to steal 10-15 bases, and he should get 100 rbi if they use him right in the lineup. For your own knowledge, I've watched him play in about 100 games in person...I have a good feel for his ability
fantasyguy26
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Lopez

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:30 pm

fantasyguy26 wrote:I've been following Jose since he was very young. he struggles last year after someone in his family was sick or died...I don't remember. He's a very young kid, but he should have had time to come to terms this year. I think he has a good shot to hit close to .300, with homers between 15 and 30, if they let him run he has the ability to steal 10-15 bases, and he should get 100 rbi if they use him right in the lineup. For your own knowledge, I've watched him play in about 100 games in person...I have a good feel for his ability

if that comes true he instantly becomes a top 3 2b to be uttered in teh same breath as uggla and utley. he has the potential to hit as well as you say. I see somewhere around a dozen hrs and about 85 rbi and about a dozen or so steals with about close to 100 runs scored.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3601)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team