Being Arrested.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Being Arrested....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:59 am

RyanK wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I have a buddy that has taken every ticket, I think he's had about 3 or 4, he's gotten to court. Every time the cop hasn't shown and he's walked. This is the same guy who pulled a 'citizen's arrest' on a guy who sideswiped another car. Followed the guy and 'pulled him over' with flashing lights and honking his horn. Supposedly held him there till the cops arrived. I got this second hand, so take it for what it's worth...

You live in Nebraska... Nebraskas a messed up state when it comes to the judicial system

Now you're referencing the short man story. That's clear on the other side of the state, practically another country. Very different here.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby roninmedia » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:04 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
RyanK wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I have a buddy that has taken every ticket, I think he's had about 3 or 4, he's gotten to court. Every time the cop hasn't shown and he's walked. This is the same guy who pulled a 'citizen's arrest' on a guy who sideswiped another car. Followed the guy and 'pulled him over' with flashing lights and honking his horn. Supposedly held him there till the cops arrived. I got this second hand, so take it for what it's worth...

You live in Nebraska... Nebraskas a messed up state when it comes to the judicial system

Now you're referencing the short man story. That's clear on the other side of the state, practically another country. Very different here.

Or the guy who was arrested for the 226th time but was, what #40 on the county all-time list? And what about that guy who was pulled over and the police seized his money (some sum like $125,000) on the basis that it might have been drug money. :-D
roninmedia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mak1277 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:42 pm

RyanK wrote:Although I have still yet to tell my parents..

Take it from someone with experience...you have two ways to go here.

1) Tell your parents immediately and get their help (financial and experiential).

2) Don't tell them, ever.

Those are the only two options to choose from. If you're ever going to tell them, you may as well tell them now and help yourself out. OTherwise, it's not worth the trouble to tell them ever.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby RyanK » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:09 pm

mak1277 wrote:
RyanK wrote:Although I have still yet to tell my parents..

Take it from someone with experience...you have two ways to go here.

1) Tell your parents immediately and get their help (financial and experiential).

2) Don't tell them, ever.

Those are the only two options to choose from. If you're ever going to tell them, you may as well tell them now and help yourself out. OTherwise, it's not worth the trouble to tell them ever.

Yeah.. I know its one or the other.. just right now theyre pissed at me for going broke and the incident with my friends this summer.. ive had a bad past 2 months. Im really leaning towards not telling them at all
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby JTWood » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:55 pm

Ryan, did you ever contact JRM?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby RyanK » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:52 pm

JTWood wrote:Ryan, did you ever contact JRM?

No.. I had a friend of mine ask their dad whose a lawyer saying one of their friends got arrested for possesion of alch and that the cop wrote the wrong date as the arrest.

His dad said that becaue it was a date before the court date it most likely wont matter unless I get some documents to prove that I wasnt around on that date. But being having a clean record I probably will just get community service and maybe a small fine around 100-200 dollars (thats alot to me but better than being near a grand)
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:42 pm

If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:59 pm

I beat a parking ticket once on the argument that the crosswalk I was parked in didn't exist.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ironman » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:23 pm

That sucks man, but it's usually worse in your head than what it ends up being.

I had a fake ID through college. It was my own ID that had been altered. Amazingly I never lost it or had it taken away. I now have it in a box of memorabilia. I remember always keeping it under the plastic sleeve in my wallet and refusing to take it out if asked (granted I was never stopped by the cops). The exchange between me and bouncers was always a good time.

Bouncer: "Can you take your ID out for me?"
Me: "No."
Bouncer (dumbfounded): "No?"
Me: "It doesn't come out."
Bouncer: "Why can't it come out."
Me: "It just can't."
Bouncer (being all authoritative): "Well I can't let you in then."
Me: "Fair enough"

I'd then walk out and go to a different bar that would let me in that night.

I only got one ticket in college and that was for "disorderly house" during homecoming. We had about 200 people in our yard and it was spilling out into the street (big no-no), plus at some point a second keg was tapped while the other one was going (bigger no-no, city ordinance had a one keg at a time can be tapped law. Otherwise you needed to apply for a party permit). My roommate and I fought the charges because technically the party was not ours. We lived in the unit in the upstairs of the house and the guys on the bottom floor were the ones that were actually throwing the party. The other guys were really cool about it and were willing to take full blame for it. I got off with just the court cost, which was like $25. The other guys paid their fines and got back their kegs that were confiscated. We took them over to a friend's house and threw another party to pay off their fines. Good times.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby RyanK » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:00 am

Just got back from court.. it sucked.. sat there for 2 hours just to get a piece of paper, which i now have ten days to fill out and bring it to another place a couple blocks past the courthouse.

Basically i got the Misdemeanor Intervention Program.. i cant get arrested or ticketed for 6 months and my arrest will be erased from my record, sadly its gonna cost a decent amount of money.. but at least i wont have to put on my job applictions and other things that ive been arrested and ill have a clean record after its all done.. :-°
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk