Being Arrested.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Being Arrested....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:36 am

Coppermine wrote:Puh-lease.

Did you just say that?!

You must have because I quoted you. Instead of a high-5 you get a bitch-slap. }:-) ;-) :-D :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 3 run homer » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:42 pm

don't drop the soap when your sent up the river :-B
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:31 pm

3 run homer wrote:don't drop the soap when your sent up the river :-B

That's not nice... although it's sound advice... haha.

Any updates?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RyanK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:48 pm

Coppermine wrote:
3 run homer wrote:don't drop the soap when your sent up the river :-B

That's not nice... although it's sound advice... haha.

Any updates?

I dont plan on having to be put in a spot where Id have to drop the soap.

I was told my a friends dad to just plead guilty and hope the cop doesnt bring up the fake ID charge and that since I have a clean record theyll probably give me a fine and make me do Comm Service

Although I have still yet to tell my parents..
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby davidmarver » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:52 pm

I had one of my speeding tickets dismissed because my last name was spelled incorrectly. Also had one dismissed on LOP, a carpool violation overturned due to the weather, and had a speeding ticket dismissed when I showed that it was impossible to stop at the stop sign going the speed the cop had me at when he "radared" me.

Needless to say, fight it. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:00 pm

There's a famous letter on the internet about a guy who gets a ticket and the cop puts the offenders date of birth in the "date of infraction" line. So the guy writes a lengthy and ridiculous letter to the police department and has the ticket dropped. It's technicalities that get most people off. If the police don't go by the book, the case is usually tossed.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:52 pm

I have a buddy that has taken every ticket, I think he's had about 3 or 4, he's gotten to court. Every time the cop hasn't shown and he's walked. This is the same guy who pulled a 'citizen's arrest' on a guy who sideswiped another car. Followed the guy and 'pulled him over' with flashing lights and honking his horn. Supposedly held him there till the cops arrived. I got this second hand, so take it for what it's worth...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:56 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I have a buddy that has taken every ticket, I think he's had about 3 or 4, he's gotten to court. Every time the cop hasn't shown and he's walked. This is the same guy who pulled a 'citizen's arrest' on a guy who sideswiped another car. Followed the guy and 'pulled him over' with flashing lights and honking his horn. Supposedly held him there till the cops arrived. I got this second hand, so take it for what it's worth...

How legal are citizen's arrests anyway? And how'd he "hold him there?" Anyway, I don't know how it works... citizens arrests, vigilanteism... I don't know.

Anyway, don't you have to pay court costs and go through a hassel, whether the cop show's up or not? If it's about 100 bucks, it seems worth it to just pay up and get it over with. Unless you're overly sensitive to points.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:34 am

Coppermine wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I have a buddy that has taken every ticket, I think he's had about 3 or 4, he's gotten to court. Every time the cop hasn't shown and he's walked. This is the same guy who pulled a 'citizen's arrest' on a guy who sideswiped another car. Followed the guy and 'pulled him over' with flashing lights and honking his horn. Supposedly held him there till the cops arrived. I got this second hand, so take it for what it's worth...

How legal are citizen's arrests anyway? And how'd he "hold him there?" Anyway, I don't know how it works... citizens arrests, vigilanteism... I don't know.

Anyway, don't you have to pay court costs and go through a hassel, whether the cop show's up or not? If it's about 100 bucks, it seems worth it to just pay up and get it over with. Unless you're overly sensitive to points.

I think he was pretty anal about the record and things. Principle of the matter is, kind of guy he is. About holding him there, I'm guessing it could have had something to do with his 6'5" 300 lb. frame, but I don't know. He's a lawyer now, surprise, surprise. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RyanK » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:33 am

You live in Nebraska... Nebraskas a messed up state when it comes to the judicial system
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk