Attention I agree with Bush on something - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Attention I agree with Bush on something

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:06 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:A fence is not the answer. It won't slow the flow of illegals and there are much better things to spend $1.2 billion on.

maybe they can somehow retro-fit that Star Wars missile defense to keep them out
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:09 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:A fence is not the answer. It won't slow the flow of illegals and there are much better things to spend $1.2 billion on.

maybe they can somehow retro-fit that Star Wars missile defense to keep them out

There was some lame movie I caught a portion of awhile back (Anaconda maybe)... Anyway, they had this automatic machine gun thing that they used to protect their camp. It was hooked up to motion sensors and the like and just fired at anything that moved. We should line our borders with those. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:10 pm

The fact that people want to live in our country yet break our countries laws to do it shows that they have no respect for our laws and think they are a joke. Then a small number come here and continue that disrespect through crime.

I'm all for immigration, if its legal
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:17 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

There was some lame movie I caught a portion of awhile back (Anaconda maybe)... Anyway, they had this automatic machine gun thing that they used to protect their camp. It was hooked up to motion sensors and the like and just fired at anything that moved. We should line our borders with those. ;-D

Couldn't you just keep throwing rocks until the gun ran out of ammo and then make a run for it?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:28 pm

We are not going to start executing people for a misdemeanor, happily.

Does anyone actually have a real suggestion for how to stop the illegal immigration?

The main problem is that we have the world's richest country sharing an enormous border with a 3rd world country. Of course people are going to do whatever they have to do to get in. If the choices are between my kids starving to death and breaking a law, I'll break the law every time. Call me a scofflaw, if you must.

How to fix the problem (which I don't think is as imminent a threat as some of you, but still):

1. Punish businesses that employ illegal labor. Severely. Both with jail time and by fines.
2. Increase the number of people who can enter our country legally. Set up an Ellis Island type thing on the Mexican border.
3. For those who don't wait, make an agreement with Mexico to institute stricter punishments.

Maybe someone else has some better ideas. But a wall will be climbed and we're not going to shoot them, so let's stop kidding around.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:30 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Couldn't you just keep throwing rocks until the gun ran out of ammo and then make a run for it?

Shhh, quit giving them ideas. :-o

I guess you could, I never thought of that... !+)

Ok, maybe set it up with a thermal detector or something. Or maybe it auto-reloads and never runs out of ammo.

So I haven't worked out all the kinks yet, ok? O:-) :-b
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:33 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:How to fix the problem (which I don't think is as imminent a threat as some of you, but still):

1. Punish businesses that employ illegal labor. Severely. Both with jail time and by fines.
2. Increase the number of people who can enter our country legally. Set up an Ellis Island type thing on the Mexican border.
3. For those who don't wait, make an agreement with Mexico to institute stricter punishments.

All good suggestions. ;-D

On a side note... HOLY CRAP I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH AA ON SOMETHING! :-b

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Maybe someone else has some better ideas. But a wall will be climbed and we're not going to shoot them, so let's stop kidding around.

Speak for yourself, I've signed up to be a Minuteman, and I'm going hunting for illegals this weekend. O:-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:43 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Shhh, quit giving them ideas. :-o

Ok, maybe set it up with a thermal detector or something. Or maybe it auto-reloads and never runs out of ammo.

Sorry it took me all of 5 seconds to crack the defenses. :-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:52 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Shhh, quit giving them ideas. :-o

Sorry it took me all of 5 seconds to crack the defenses. :-D

Yeah the snakes (or whatever they were protecting themselves from) weren't that smart. !+)

Maybe you don't have the motion sensors, but every 30 seconds there's just a burst and the area is sweeped. No one would have time to run through. There, crack that one. :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:59 pm

Lets just build an ocean between the US and Mexico. it worked on cuba right?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk