Attention I agree with Bush on something - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Attention I agree with Bush on something

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:39 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I do not blame the Mexicans one bit for attempting to obtain a better life for them and their families. However, it is in the best interest of our country to keep such people out. We have established that compromising our borders is illegal. Thus, any action to negate this would be permissable. Walls, shooting on sight, etc. should be allowed as the perps know the law.


As much as I'm anti-gun and even though I know it could turn very ugly if we do shoot them. Shooting is probably the most cost-efficient and effective way to stop illegal immigrants. It is cruel, but sometimes you need to sacrifice something(like numbers of Mexicans trying to illegally cross the boarder into the US) for the greater good.


Don't you live in China?


and what does that have to do with anything. I'm a legal US resident... :-?


Do you live in China or America? I'm confused. :-S


taking a trip to China, does that matter :-)


Seems like a long trip... why are you there?

It doesn't matter, but it's interesting. I thought maybe you addressed this in another topic, but I don't remember.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:42 pm

Coppermine wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Simulacrum wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I do not blame the Mexicans one bit for attempting to obtain a better life for them and their families. However, it is in the best interest of our country to keep such people out. We have established that compromising our borders is illegal. Thus, any action to negate this would be permissable. Walls, shooting on sight, etc. should be allowed as the perps know the law.


As much as I'm anti-gun and even though I know it could turn very ugly if we do shoot them. Shooting is probably the most cost-efficient and effective way to stop illegal immigrants. It is cruel, but sometimes you need to sacrifice something(like numbers of Mexicans trying to illegally cross the boarder into the US) for the greater good.


Don't you live in China?


and what does that have to do with anything. I'm a legal US resident... :-?


Do you live in China or America? I'm confused. :-S


taking a trip to China, does that matter :-)


Seems like a long trip... why are you there?

It doesn't matter, but it's interesting. I thought maybe you addressed this in another topic, but I don't remember.


I need to see my parents and grand parents once in a while. Say at least once every 4 years right? :-) The other thread you were talking about is when I asked somebody to copy something from wikipedia because it's banned here.

Ok, let's not stray too far from the subject. :-)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:17 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Are you guys being serious about shooting anyone trying to cross? So attempted illegal immigration should be a crime punishable by death? With no trial?


...knowing the consequences of your actions.... ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Field » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:50 am

Big Pimpin wrote:Look, I was joking (mostly) about shooting them. But I'm all for mass deportation. There are legal means by which people can enter our country, and if others choose to do so, more power to them.

Phatferd wrote:I don't like a lot of our immigration laws and would love for changes, but I also realize how much we do benefit from immigration.


We benefit from immigration, sure. But not illegal immigration. Illegal immigration takes jobs away from US Citizens, because they work cheap and under the table. And for all the "benefits" we might see from things like cheap yard service and what not, you have to look at the billions of dollars in tax money that end up paying for their food and health care and schooling, etc. We could all afford to pay more for things if we weren't spending like mad on people who don't even belong in our country.


Do you realize that unemployment was nearly at a 30 year low in July?

Stealing jobs should be the least of our worries, because, for the most part, immigrants hold jobs that US citizens don't want to fill.

People go where the jobs are, and I don't blame them.

As you said legalized immigration is definitely the way to go, because, full integration into society is the most important (and difficult) hurdle to overcome. Both socially and economically.
Last edited by Field on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2549
Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NH

Postby PlayingWithFire » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:02 am

Field wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Look, I was joking (mostly) about shooting them. But I'm all for mass deportation. There are legal means by which people can enter our country, and if others choose to do so, more power to them.

Phatferd wrote:I don't like a lot of our immigration laws and would love for changes, but I also realize how much we do benefit from immigration.


We benefit from immigration, sure. But not illegal immigration. Illegal immigration takes jobs away from US Citizens, because they work cheap and under the table. And for all the "benefits" we might see from things like cheap yard service and what not, you have to look at the billions of dollars in tax money that end up paying for their food and health care and schooling, etc. We could all afford to pay more for things if we weren't spending like mad on people who don't even belong in our country.


Do you realize that unemployment was nearly at a 30 year low in July?

Stealing jobs should be the least of our worries, because, for the most part, immigrants hold jobs that US citizens don't want to fill.

People go where the jobs are, and I don't blame them.


then setup a system where Mexicans can come here LEGALLY and work. At the very least make this problem controllable.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby Field » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:06 am

PlayingWithFire wrote:
Field wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Look, I was joking (mostly) about shooting them. But I'm all for mass deportation. There are legal means by which people can enter our country, and if others choose to do so, more power to them.

Phatferd wrote:I don't like a lot of our immigration laws and would love for changes, but I also realize how much we do benefit from immigration.


We benefit from immigration, sure. But not illegal immigration. Illegal immigration takes jobs away from US Citizens, because they work cheap and under the table. And for all the "benefits" we might see from things like cheap yard service and what not, you have to look at the billions of dollars in tax money that end up paying for their food and health care and schooling, etc. We could all afford to pay more for things if we weren't spending like mad on people who don't even belong in our country.


Do you realize that unemployment was nearly at a 30 year low in July?

Stealing jobs should be the least of our worries, because, for the most part, immigrants hold jobs that US citizens don't want to fill.

People go where the jobs are, and I don't blame them.


then setup a system where Mexicans can come here LEGALLY and work. At the very least make this problem controllable.


Completely agee. I was in the process of adding on to my previous post before I read your response.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 2549
Joined: 4 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NH

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:11 am

Field wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Look, I was joking (mostly) about shooting them. But I'm all for mass deportation. There are legal means by which people can enter our country, and if others choose to do so, more power to them.

Phatferd wrote:I don't like a lot of our immigration laws and would love for changes, but I also realize how much we do benefit from immigration.


We benefit from immigration, sure. But not illegal immigration. Illegal immigration takes jobs away from US Citizens, because they work cheap and under the table. And for all the "benefits" we might see from things like cheap yard service and what not, you have to look at the billions of dollars in tax money that end up paying for their food and health care and schooling, etc. We could all afford to pay more for things if we weren't spending like mad on people who don't even belong in our country.


Do you realize that unemployment was nearly at a 30 year low in July?

Stealing jobs should be the least of our worries, because, for the most part, immigrants hold jobs that US citizens don't want to fill.

People go where the jobs are, and I don't blame them.

As you said legalized immigration is definitely the way to go, because, full integration into society is the most important (and difficult) hurdle to overcome. Both socially and economically.


Well, illegal immigration does deter US citizens or legal residents from obtaining jobs...even the ones they don't even want. The reason why employers hire illegals is that they can be hired for cheap because they're likely to go above and beyond to do anything to earn a living here. If we could curtail illegal immigration somewhat or even in a perfect world, employers would have to pay higher wages and more benefits to those citizens/legal residents to allure them into taking the jobs they don't want in the first place. Hypothetically, this could work, as well as raise the quality of life.

I'm on the fence when it comes to mass deportation or not to do so, but I'd lean with us not doing so because it's just logistically impossible. The fact is that folks who have been here numbers of years even illegally should stay if they have earned an honest living. However, the key and the challenge for us is to get it into the heads of those wanting to enter the country illegally is that we have rules and we have laws against this and that we will enforce them.
Image

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21947
(Past Year: 670)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Postby Madison » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:17 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Are you guys being serious about shooting anyone trying to cross? So attempted illegal immigration should be a crime punishable by death? With no trial?


...knowing the consequences of your actions.... ;-)


I'll be the fodder for Art here since no one else wants to. :-D

Sure, I'm serious. Climb the fence, get shot. Simple as that. Trial? Why? They got shot didn't they? Either they were on the fence, or too close to it. Either way, good enough for me. :-°

There you go Art. Fire away! ;-D

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:22 am

Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Are you guys being serious about shooting anyone trying to cross? So attempted illegal immigration should be a crime punishable by death? With no trial?


...knowing the consequences of your actions.... ;-)


I'll be the fodder for Art here since no one else wants to. :-D

Sure, I'm serious. Climb the fence, get shot. Simple as that. Trial? Why? They got shot didn't they? Either they were on the fence, or too close to it. Either way, good enough for me. :-°

There you go Art. Fire away! ;-D

:-b


As I've said, I don't blame them for attempting this. Having said that, it is a premeditated action, obviously. You don't 'accidentally' try to cross or decide to try it on a whim. Yes, shooting on sight is extreme, but it's about time it became that way. Establishing an extreme consequence is probably the only thing that would work. And a trial? You can't be serious with this. If you're climbing the wall, crossing the river, etc. isn't it obvious? Red-handed maybe? No need to waste more of America's tax dollars on trial after trial after trial. Fire a warning shot. If he doesn't turn around and run back into his country...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Mugrila » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:23 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Madison wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Are you guys being serious about shooting anyone trying to cross? So attempted illegal immigration should be a crime punishable by death? With no trial?


...knowing the consequences of your actions.... ;-)


I'll be the fodder for Art here since no one else wants to. :-D

Sure, I'm serious. Climb the fence, get shot. Simple as that. Trial? Why? They got shot didn't they? Either they were on the fence, or too close to it. Either way, good enough for me. :-°

There you go Art. Fire away! ;-D

:-b


As I've said, I don't blame them for attempting this. Having said that, it is a premeditated action, obviously. You don't 'accidentally' try to cross or decide to try it on a whim. Yes, shooting on sight is extreme, but it's about time it became that way. Establishing an extreme consequence is probably the only thing that would work. And a trial? You can't be serious with this. If you're climbing the wall, crossing the river, etc. isn't it obvious? Red-handed maybe? No need to waste more of America's tax dollars on trial after trial after trial. Fire a warning shot. If he doesn't turn around and run back into his country...


Shoot him in the foot...
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
Posts: 6597
Joined: 4 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact