Pot slows down alzheimers better then prescription drugs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pot slows down alzheimers better then prescription drugs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:30 pm

Image
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:No I understand its his fault for smoking pot. But was it really worth it to have this kids life ruined for the sake of keeping pot illegal.


If you understood, you wouldn't ask the question. The kid screwed up his own life by his own choice. No one had anything to do with that other than him.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby acsguitar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:34 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:No I understand its his fault for smoking pot. But was it really worth it to have this kids life ruined for the sake of keeping pot illegal.


If you understood, you wouldn't ask the question. The kid screwed up his own life by his own choice. No one had anything to do with that other than him.


Is it worth a bunch of screwed up lives in addition to legal fee's and tax money to jail pot heads just to make a beneficial drug totally illegal?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:42 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:No I understand its his fault for smoking pot. But was it really worth it to have this kids life ruined for the sake of keeping pot illegal.


If you understood, you wouldn't ask the question. The kid screwed up his own life by his own choice. No one had anything to do with that other than him.


Is it worth a bunch of screwed up lives in addition to legal fee's and tax money to jail pot heads just to make a beneficial drug totally illegal?


You cannot label marijuana as a 'beneficial drug'. As nugent put it, it may be helpful in some cases, but not in every case. You brought up the point about your friend and pointed fingers at everyone else, except him. The reality is, is that the possession, usage and selling of marijuana is illegal. You can vote against this, petition against this all you want. That is your right. But at this time, you do not have the right to be in possession of it. If you do, you need to understand that you may get yourself in trouble.

Kind of like getting pulled over for going 75 in a 65 and then arguing to the cop that the speed limit should be 75. What's the point? It's 65. What you think it should be is irrelevant because the law is the law and you broke it. Pay the man.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby acsguitar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:44 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:No I understand its his fault for smoking pot. But was it really worth it to have this kids life ruined for the sake of keeping pot illegal.


If you understood, you wouldn't ask the question. The kid screwed up his own life by his own choice. No one had anything to do with that other than him.


Is it worth a bunch of screwed up lives in addition to legal fee's and tax money to jail pot heads just to make a beneficial drug totally illegal?


You cannot label marijuana as a 'beneficial drug'. As nugent put it, it may be helpful in some cases, but not in every case. You brought up the point about your friend and pointed fingers at everyone else, except him. The reality is, is that the possession, usage and selling of marijuana is illegal. You can vote against this, petition against this all you want. That is your right. But at this time, you do not have the right to be in possession of it. If you do, you need to understand that you may get yourself in trouble.

Kind of like getting pulled over for going 75 in a 65 and then arguing to the cop that the speed limit should be 75. What's the point? It's 65. What you think it should be is irrelevant because the law is the law and you broke it. Pay the man.


My point is why ruin lives for no reason
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:53 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:No I understand its his fault for smoking pot. But was it really worth it to have this kids life ruined for the sake of keeping pot illegal.


If you understood, you wouldn't ask the question. The kid screwed up his own life by his own choice. No one had anything to do with that other than him.


Is it worth a bunch of screwed up lives in addition to legal fee's and tax money to jail pot heads just to make a beneficial drug totally illegal?


You cannot label marijuana as a 'beneficial drug'. As nugent put it, it may be helpful in some cases, but not in every case. You brought up the point about your friend and pointed fingers at everyone else, except him. The reality is, is that the possession, usage and selling of marijuana is illegal. You can vote against this, petition against this all you want. That is your right. But at this time, you do not have the right to be in possession of it. If you do, you need to understand that you may get yourself in trouble.

Kind of like getting pulled over for going 75 in a 65 and then arguing to the cop that the speed limit should be 75. What's the point? It's 65. What you think it should be is irrelevant because the law is the law and you broke it. Pay the man.


My point is why ruin lives for no reason


I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the government has a better idea of what the consequences of smoking pot are, and they are more well informed than you are. I mean no offense by that, just that they have spent billions in research, and on professionals to research it. You haven't. So of course their conclusions are going to be worth more than what you may believe based on personal experience or what you've read about.

Oh, and not one single life had, or would be ruined if people had enough self control to follow the law, or if they lack the self control, they could move to another country where pot is legal. Either way, not one life has been ruined, or could be ruined, due to the government keeping pot illegal.

People have to take responsibility for their actions. Those that don't have enough testicular fortitude to accept responsibility for their actions, are not worth urinating on if they were on fire. :-°
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby acsguitar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:55 pm

Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Madison wrote:
acsguitar wrote:No I understand its his fault for smoking pot. But was it really worth it to have this kids life ruined for the sake of keeping pot illegal.


If you understood, you wouldn't ask the question. The kid screwed up his own life by his own choice. No one had anything to do with that other than him.


Is it worth a bunch of screwed up lives in addition to legal fee's and tax money to jail pot heads just to make a beneficial drug totally illegal?


You cannot label marijuana as a 'beneficial drug'. As nugent put it, it may be helpful in some cases, but not in every case. You brought up the point about your friend and pointed fingers at everyone else, except him. The reality is, is that the possession, usage and selling of marijuana is illegal. You can vote against this, petition against this all you want. That is your right. But at this time, you do not have the right to be in possession of it. If you do, you need to understand that you may get yourself in trouble.

Kind of like getting pulled over for going 75 in a 65 and then arguing to the cop that the speed limit should be 75. What's the point? It's 65. What you think it should be is irrelevant because the law is the law and you broke it. Pay the man.


My point is why ruin lives for no reason


I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the government has a better idea of what the consequences of smoking pot are, and they are more well informed than you are. I mean no offense by that, just that they have spent billions in research, and on professionals to research it. You haven't. So of course their conclusions are going to be worth more than what you may believe based on personal experience or what you've read about.

Oh, and not one single life had, or would be ruined if people had enough self control to follow the law, or if they lack the self control, they could move to another country where pot is legal. Either way, not one life has been ruined, or could be ruined, due to the government keeping pot illegal.

People have to take responsibility for their actions. Those that don't have enough testicular fortitude to accept responsibility for their actions, are not worth urinating on if they were on fire. :-°


The government doesn't research pot. If they did we'd hear about how bad it is for you every day instead of seeing commercials of little johnny playing with his dads fire arm on pot or eating duritos.

The propaganda machine would be shoving. "Pot causes cancer, Pot kills make you brain dead."

i don't believe 95% of the garbage "government research" Tells me.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Coppermine » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:56 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Pot doesn't ruin lives on its own at the rate the government ruins it because they think its wrong.


i disagree.

drug studies that show THC may help fight alzheimers shouldnt be construed as evidence that smoking pot is harmless, helpful or should be legal. rather, they are an indication that a controlled dosage of the chemical THC may help alleviate specific medical conditions in a particular subset of people.


I have trouble with almost all drug studies on THC... neither side of the debate wants to draw a line in the sand if there is a possibility of the other being right. I think that all things considered, marijuana is a mind-altering substance that chemically changes your brain's senses. As such, it alleviates many medical conditions, particularly those associate with acute pain and loss of appetite; like cancer, glaucoma and now alzheimer's. It's also extremely effective at offsetting the effects of nausea associated with chemotherapy. That said, it is a drug and affects your perceptions and should probably be controlled to some degree.

I can understand having marijuana a "controlled substance." However, I cannot fathom why it is a criminal act to sell, possess or otherwise consume marijuana. I have not heard a single reasonable reason as to why it is criminalized, except... people want it that way. And people want it that way because years ago, everyone was brainwashed into believing it was this horrible thing that killed people and caused all the problems in our society, and now that there is proof that these reasons aren't true, no one wants to listen.

It's sooooo much easier to just obey rather than question.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar

Posts: 8840
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pennsyltucky

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:00 pm

acsguitar wrote:.


I won't bother with the other stuff since you've clearly gone off the deep end now. :-b

Bottom line: It's called self control. Pot is illegal and if caught, those people face possible punishments. Simple solution. Don't smoke it, don't have it, and don't be around it.

Simple as that.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby acsguitar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:02 pm

Coppermine wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Pot doesn't ruin lives on its own at the rate the government ruins it because they think its wrong.


i disagree.

drug studies that show THC may help fight alzheimers shouldnt be construed as evidence that smoking pot is harmless, helpful or should be legal. rather, they are an indication that a controlled dosage of the chemical THC may help alleviate specific medical conditions in a particular subset of people.


I have trouble with almost all drug studies on THC... neither side of the debate wants to draw a line in the sand if there is a possibility of the other being right. I think that all things considered, marijuana is a mind-altering substance that chemically changes your brain's senses. As such, it alleviates many medical conditions, particularly those associate with acute pain and loss of appetite; like cancer, glaucoma and now alzheimer's. It's also extremely effective at offsetting the effects of nausea associated with chemotherapy. That said, it is a drug and affects your perceptions and should probably be controlled to some degree.

I can understand having marijuana a "controlled substance." However, I cannot fathom why it is a criminal act to sell, possess or otherwise consume marijuana. I have not heard a single reasonable reason as to why it is criminalized, except... people want it that way. And people want it that way because years ago, everyone was brainwashed into believing it was this horrible thing that killed people and caused all the problems in our society, and now that there is proof that these reasons aren't true, no one wants to listen.

It's sooooo much easier to just obey rather than question.


If you read the DEA's position on pot most excerpts look like this....


So and so says that Pot probably isn't helpful ..... Yadda yadda pot doesn't cure polio...

The American Cancer Society doesn't recommend you smoke pot to cure cancer.

Nothing they say gives any reason for why it should be illegal. It basically tells you how it doesn't cure diseases.

The only "illegal reason" is ....immediate effects of smoking may lead to loss of coordination while driving yadda yadda so does over the counter cough medicine.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Boston at Toronto
(12:37 pm)
Texas at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact