Who had the better 2006 season, Molina or Zaun??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who had the better 2006 season, Molina or Zaun???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who had the better 2006 season?

Molina
37%
Zaun
63%

Total votes : 19

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:16 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:No, not really, I just like to defend myself when possible. Of course, this last post of yours is just a question not a dispute. lol

True, but it was a valid one. :-D

I'm listening to music right now so I'll probably be on a lil longer. Its fun to argue even if neither one of us is going to give. Any insights as to what the Jays will do on the FA market? Wells going to get at least 15mill?

Hey, I'm the guy that really never sleeps, and I don't even have to wake up early tomorrow (it's Thanksgiving weekend up in Canada, so I've got classes off). :-b

And as for what the Jays will do on the FA market...hmm...well it all depends on how much money Ted Rogers gives the team to spend. There has been a few rumours of the payroll getting up to as high as 100 million next year. That would allow JP to make several big additions again (Jason Schmidt or Carlos Lee type players etc..).
But in my personal opinion, I doubt the payroll will go that high and the Jays will go after cheaper alternatives like Gil Meche, Vincente Padilla, or for the offense, David Deliucci.

Vernon isn't a FA next year, he's under contract with the team, but if the Jays can't sign him to an extension he may be traded. If Vernon thinks he's worth 15 million then I think we should definitely cut him loose. Offensively, Vernon's career offensively hasn't been impressive enough to warrant that kind of a high priced contract like Beltran.

I think Vernon will be a Ranger sometime unless Toronto gives him big money in an extension. Lilly evidently wants to go to SF and I hear the want him as well. I think Toronto MR is their underbelly. Also, they have some good young arms that appear to be close to ready. I love teams that put their good young starters in MR to get their feet wet but i guess that backfired with McGowan.

I expect he'll be a Ranger eventually too, unless Toronto gives him some kind of crazy contract that he's not worth. The Jays supposedly are still interested in Lilly, so if they offer him the most money I expect he'll stay. He's another guy that might not be worth the price, though (he certainly hasn't been worth it over his stay in Toronto...except agaisnt the Red Sox of course).

And yeah, I'm feeling very good about the Jays' middle relief. They can afford to let go of Speier, because they have a shut down reliever in League on their roster. Accardo, Frasor, Tallet, Downs, and Romero are pretty solid as well.

I thought Downs was a FA after this year? I have no problem with guys like Purcey, Romero, Banks getting some time in the pen sometime next year. I've always been a fan of League, though I think he could eventually close effectively on another team in time.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fattykid2000 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:50 pm

Bengie"'Tubby" Molina was the worst defensive catcher i have ever seen. John Gibbons is the worst Manager of the year no doubt. Zaun should of been hitting against every right handed pitcher, and Molina should of hit against all the lefties. Zaun was a much better player then Molina this year if you watched 10 Bluejays game.

I went to about 25 games this year and everyone in Toronto just hates Bengie Molina. They call him fatass, tubby, Mcfat. Its hilarious. :-D

I don't need to restate all the facts cause MWEIR145 already did.
fattykid2000
College Coach
College Coach

Postby acsguitar » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:03 pm

I never hear any news about the jays so I won't say either way
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby BigLebowski » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:54 pm

You guys have Thanksgiving up there? What can you be thankful for living up there? j/k

I remember being on Molina's side when this arguement started oh so long ago. I do think that in "real" baseball when taking salary into account you have to go with Zaun, but in fantasy I would take Molina 10 times out of 10.

wier...do you honestly think the Jays would have been a better team if they didn't sign Molina? You argued they didn't need Molina cause they had Zaun. Zaun as the starter makes that team worse IMO.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby davidmarver » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:00 pm

BigLebowski wrote:Zaun as the starter makes that team worse IMO.

That team is better when Zaun starts, as opposed to Molina.

The only positive thing Molina brought in '06 was keeping Zaun fresh. However, there are fifty catchers in MLB that can do that, while being productive. Just to name a few off the top of my head from '06: Josh Bard and David Ross. Molina turned out to be a poor signing for the Jays. Had they signed another good starter with the money they spent on Molina or brought in another bat, that team would have been gold. Instead, they're from the outside looking in and you can pinpoint it on the $ wasted on Molina.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers