Who had the better 2006 season, Molina or Zaun??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who had the better 2006 season, Molina or Zaun???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who had the better 2006 season?

Molina
7
37%
Zaun
12
63%
 
Total votes : 19

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:22 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
So, you're saying just because Zaun had a better OBP% he had the better year? Hilarious!


Well...actually yes.


I'm done. Think what you want while I know what is true.

Maybe you should include the rest of the post which includes the reason why I said that. But I guess this just goes into the common theme of you just picking and choosing your statistics/arguments and ignoring others.

For the record, I said that because Molina and Zaun had nearly identical slugging percentages this season.


Actually, before you cited the .39 difference you didn't mention SLG or OPS at all it was just OBP%. I believe.

The .39 difference in OPS comes from the .44 difference in OBP.

Seriously Havok, it's not that hard.


I got the math and always did. You just didn't cite it at all as to why you thought Zaun was better prior.

Yes, I did. Read it over again. You either didn't understand, or misread.

I'm done. Personally, I don't like either than much and wouldn't use either on my team if i didn't have to. Zaun is cheaper and decent. I'd probably use him. But, to me, Molina is better, not the difference in money better, but better.

How many times are you going to say you're done before you're actually done? ;-7


Until you stop posting after me probably. It's 1:22am here and my typing skills are quickly fading.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8518
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:29 am

Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
So, you're saying just because Zaun had a better OBP% he had the better year? Hilarious!


Well...actually yes.


I'm done. Think what you want while I know what is true.

Maybe you should include the rest of the post which includes the reason why I said that. But I guess this just goes into the common theme of you just picking and choosing your statistics/arguments and ignoring others.

For the record, I said that because Molina and Zaun had nearly identical slugging percentages this season.


Actually, before you cited the .39 difference you didn't mention SLG or OPS at all it was just OBP%. I believe.

The .39 difference in OPS comes from the .44 difference in OBP.

Seriously Havok, it's not that hard.


I got the math and always did. You just didn't cite it at all as to why you thought Zaun was better prior.

Yes, I did. Read it over again. You either didn't understand, or misread.

I'm done. Personally, I don't like either than much and wouldn't use either on my team if i didn't have to. Zaun is cheaper and decent. I'd probably use him. But, to me, Molina is better, not the difference in money better, but better.

How many times are you going to say you're done before you're actually done? ;-7


Until you stop posting after me probably. It's 1:22am here and my typing skills are quickly fading.

Is posting after you and disputing your points really that much of a problem for you?
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:31 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
So, you're saying just because Zaun had a better OBP% he had the better year? Hilarious!


Well...actually yes.


I'm done. Think what you want while I know what is true.

Maybe you should include the rest of the post which includes the reason why I said that. But I guess this just goes into the common theme of you just picking and choosing your statistics/arguments and ignoring others.

For the record, I said that because Molina and Zaun had nearly identical slugging percentages this season.


Actually, before you cited the .39 difference you didn't mention SLG or OPS at all it was just OBP%. I believe.

The .39 difference in OPS comes from the .44 difference in OBP.

Seriously Havok, it's not that hard.


I got the math and always did. You just didn't cite it at all as to why you thought Zaun was better prior.

Yes, I did. Read it over again. You either didn't understand, or misread.

I'm done. Personally, I don't like either than much and wouldn't use either on my team if i didn't have to. Zaun is cheaper and decent. I'd probably use him. But, to me, Molina is better, not the difference in money better, but better.

How many times are you going to say you're done before you're actually done? ;-7


Until you stop posting after me probably. It's 1:22am here and my typing skills are quickly fading.

Is posting after you and disputing your points really that much of a problem for you?


No, not really, I just like to defend myself when possible. Of course, this last post of yours is just a question not a dispute. lol
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8518
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:35 am

Havok1517 wrote:No, not really, I just like to defend myself when possible. Of course, this last post of yours is just a question not a dispute. lol

True, but it was a valid one. :-D
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:39 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:No, not really, I just like to defend myself when possible. Of course, this last post of yours is just a question not a dispute. lol

True, but it was a valid one. :-D


I'm listening to music right now so I'll probably be on a lil longer. Its fun to argue even if neither one of us is going to give. Any insights as to what the Jays will do on the FA market? Wells going to get at least 15mill?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8518
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:51 am

Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:No, not really, I just like to defend myself when possible. Of course, this last post of yours is just a question not a dispute. lol

True, but it was a valid one. :-D


I'm listening to music right now so I'll probably be on a lil longer. Its fun to argue even if neither one of us is going to give. Any insights as to what the Jays will do on the FA market? Wells going to get at least 15mill?

Hey, I'm the guy that really never sleeps, and I don't even have to wake up early tomorrow (it's Thanksgiving weekend up in Canada, so I've got classes off). :-b

And as for what the Jays will do on the FA market...hmm...well it all depends on how much money Ted Rogers gives the team to spend. There has been a few rumours of the payroll getting up to as high as 100 million next year. That would allow JP to make several big additions again (Jason Schmidt or Carlos Lee type players etc..).
But in my personal opinion, I doubt the payroll will go that high and the Jays will go after cheaper alternatives like Gil Meche, Vincente Padilla, or for the offense, David Deliucci.

Vernon isn't a FA next year, he's under contract with the team, but if the Jays can't sign him to an extension he may be traded. If Vernon thinks he's worth 15 million then I think we should definitely cut him loose. Offensively, Vernon's career offensively hasn't been impressive enough to warrant that kind of a high priced contract like Beltran.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:00 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:No, not really, I just like to defend myself when possible. Of course, this last post of yours is just a question not a dispute. lol

True, but it was a valid one. :-D


I'm listening to music right now so I'll probably be on a lil longer. Its fun to argue even if neither one of us is going to give. Any insights as to what the Jays will do on the FA market? Wells going to get at least 15mill?

Hey, I'm the guy that really never sleeps, and I don't even have to wake up early tomorrow (it's Thanksgiving weekend up in Canada, so I've got classes off). :-b

And as for what the Jays will do on the FA market...hmm...well it all depends on how much money Ted Rogers gives the team to spend. There has been a few rumours of the payroll getting up to as high as 100 million next year. That would allow JP to make several big additions again (Jason Schmidt or Carlos Lee type players etc..).
But in my personal opinion, I doubt the payroll will go that high and the Jays will go after cheaper alternatives like Gil Meche, Vincente Padilla, or for the offense, David Deliucci.

Vernon isn't a FA next year, he's under contract with the team, but if the Jays can't sign him to an extension he may be traded. If Vernon thinks he's worth 15 million then I think we should definitely cut him loose. Offensively, Vernon's career offensively hasn't been impressive enough to warrant that kind of a high priced contract like Beltran.


I think Vernon will be a Ranger sometime unless Toronto gives him big money in an extension. Lilly evidently wants to go to SF and I hear the want him as well. I think Toronto MR is their underbelly. Also, they have some good young arms that appear to be close to ready. I love teams that put their good young starters in MR to get their feet wet but i guess that backfired with McGowan.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8518
(Past Year: 122)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:01 am

Molina had better numbers and it's easier for Zaun to have solid numbers when Gibbons can pick and choose his spots. Zaun played when the matchup favored him, he should have inflated stats because of this.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:06 am

Phatferd wrote:Molina had better numbers and it's easier for Zaun to have solid numbers when Gibbons can pick and choose his spots. Zaun played when the matchup favored him, he should have inflated stats because of this.

Molina didn't have better numbers. Both his OPS and EqA were worse.

And your other point was already commented on by me. Zaun faced the type of pitcher he's actually done worse agaisnt over his career (right handers) more often then left handers.

Molina is the guy who never faced the hard-throwing right handers. Wouldn't his stats be inflated because he didn't face those pitchers (which are usually the better ones in the league)?
Last edited by mweir145 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:09 am

Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:No, not really, I just like to defend myself when possible. Of course, this last post of yours is just a question not a dispute. lol

True, but it was a valid one. :-D


I'm listening to music right now so I'll probably be on a lil longer. Its fun to argue even if neither one of us is going to give. Any insights as to what the Jays will do on the FA market? Wells going to get at least 15mill?

Hey, I'm the guy that really never sleeps, and I don't even have to wake up early tomorrow (it's Thanksgiving weekend up in Canada, so I've got classes off). :-b

And as for what the Jays will do on the FA market...hmm...well it all depends on how much money Ted Rogers gives the team to spend. There has been a few rumours of the payroll getting up to as high as 100 million next year. That would allow JP to make several big additions again (Jason Schmidt or Carlos Lee type players etc..).
But in my personal opinion, I doubt the payroll will go that high and the Jays will go after cheaper alternatives like Gil Meche, Vincente Padilla, or for the offense, David Deliucci.

Vernon isn't a FA next year, he's under contract with the team, but if the Jays can't sign him to an extension he may be traded. If Vernon thinks he's worth 15 million then I think we should definitely cut him loose. Offensively, Vernon's career offensively hasn't been impressive enough to warrant that kind of a high priced contract like Beltran.


I think Vernon will be a Ranger sometime unless Toronto gives him big money in an extension. Lilly evidently wants to go to SF and I hear the want him as well. I think Toronto MR is their underbelly. Also, they have some good young arms that appear to be close to ready. I love teams that put their good young starters in MR to get their feet wet but i guess that backfired with McGowan.

I expect he'll be a Ranger eventually too, unless Toronto gives him some kind of crazy contract that he's not worth. The Jays supposedly are still interested in Lilly, so if they offer him the most money I expect he'll stay. He's another guy that might not be worth the price, though (he certainly hasn't been worth it over his stay in Toronto...except agaisnt the Red Sox of course).

And yeah, I'm feeling very good about the Jays' middle relief. They can afford to let go of Speier, because they have a shut down reliever in League on their roster. Accardo, Frasor, Tallet, Downs, and Romero are pretty solid as well.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact