Who had the better 2006 season, Molina or Zaun??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who had the better 2006 season, Molina or Zaun???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who had the better 2006 season?

Molina
37%
Zaun
63%

Total votes : 19

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:36 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:Zaun was better this year even though Molina got more ABs. That said, if I had to take one next year, I'd probably take Molina all things equal.

If I'm the Jays, I go with the considerably cheaper and better option in Zaun next year. Even if it's debatable on the offfensive side (and I don't believe it is, because Zaun had both a better season this year, and over his career), Zaun is a far better catcher defensively at this point, and his edge in the running game (in the fact that he doesn't clog up the bases whenever he gets on base) puts him up over the edge.

Just give Zaun a few more ABs, and give Phillips the rest of them. It's certainly the cheaper option, and the production you'd get from Molina agaisnt lefties doesn't go down by that much. They should have done it this year.

Zaun has had a better career than Molina how? OBP%??? HAHAHAAHAHAA

Nick Johnson had a better OBP% than Ryan Howard, I guess Nick's the man because of it. :-)

Offensively, Zaun has been better than Molina over his career. Look at OPS. And it's not like Molina's had considerably more ABs over his career either.

And as for the Nick Johnson reference, well I think I already commented on how off-base that was in the other thread.

No, you said Zaun was better this year and in his career because of his superior OBP% to Molina's. Molina has had the better career and had the better season. Well, obviously OBP% isn't everything since Howard could be the NL MVP this year and for sure had a better season than Johnson. Molina has played 3 less years and already has better numbers than Zaun has in pretty much every category except OBP%. But Nick Johnson knows that he's was better than Ryan Howard this year because of that stat.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:43 am

Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:Zaun was better this year even though Molina got more ABs. That said, if I had to take one next year, I'd probably take Molina all things equal.

If I'm the Jays, I go with the considerably cheaper and better option in Zaun next year. Even if it's debatable on the offfensive side (and I don't believe it is, because Zaun had both a better season this year, and over his career), Zaun is a far better catcher defensively at this point, and his edge in the running game (in the fact that he doesn't clog up the bases whenever he gets on base) puts him up over the edge.

Just give Zaun a few more ABs, and give Phillips the rest of them. It's certainly the cheaper option, and the production you'd get from Molina agaisnt lefties doesn't go down by that much. They should have done it this year.

Nick Johnson had a better OBP% than Ryan Howard, I guess Nick's the man because of it. :-)

Offensively, Zaun has been better than Molina over his career. Look at OPS. And it's not like Molina's had considerably more ABs over his career either.

And as for the Nick Johnson reference, well I think I already commented on how off-base that was in the other thread.

No, you said Zaun was better this year and in his career because of his superior OBP% to Molina's. Molina has had the better career and had the better season. Well, obviously OBP% isn't everything since Howard could be the NL MVP this year and for sure had a better season than Johnson. Molina has played 3 less years and already has better numbers than Zaun has in pretty much every category except OBP%. But Nick Johnson knows that he's was better than Ryan Howard this year because of that stat.

Yes, Zaun's large advantage in OBP over this season, and over his career, has accounted for why Zaun has been the better hitter. This is because their SLG%'s this year, and over their career, are fairly similar.

I'm not even sure if you understand the concept of OPS. But OBP+SLG=OPS. That's how you calculate it.

I'm not even going to comment on your Nick Johnson/Ryan Howard example again... :-°
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:51 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Oh, I understand it quite well.

I guess we'll disagree.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:55 am

Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Oh, I understand it quite well.

I guess we'll disagree.

If you understood it well, you would have never used that as an analogy.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:03 am

So, you're saying just because Zaun had a better OBP% he had the better year? Hilarious!

Well...actually yes.

I'm done. Think what you want while I know what is true.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:11 am

Havok1517 wrote:
So, you're saying just because Zaun had a better OBP% he had the better year? Hilarious!

Well...actually yes.

Maybe you should include the rest of the post which includes the reason why I said that. But I guess this just goes into the common theme of you just picking and choosing your statistics/arguments and ignoring others.

For the record, I said that because Molina and Zaun had nearly identical slugging percentages this season.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Well...actually yes.

Maybe you should include the rest of the post which includes the reason why I said that. But I guess this just goes into the common theme of you just picking and choosing your statistics/arguments and ignoring others.

For the record, I said that because Molina and Zaun had nearly identical slugging percentages this season.

Actually, before you cited the .39 difference you didn't mention SLG or OPS at all it was just OBP%. I believe.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:16 am

Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Well...actually yes.

Actually, before you cited the .39 difference you didn't mention SLG or OPS at all it was just OBP%. I believe.

The .39 difference in OPS comes from the .44 difference in OBP.

Seriously Havok, it's not that hard.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:19 am

mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Well...actually yes.

I got the math and always did. You just didn't cite it at all as to why you thought Zaun was better prior. I'm done. Personally, I don't like either than much and wouldn't use either on my team if i didn't have to. Zaun is cheaper and decent. I'd probably use him. But, to me, Molina is better, not the difference in money better, but better.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mweir145 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:21 am

Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:

Well...actually yes.

I got the math and always did. You just didn't cite it at all as to why you thought Zaun was better prior.

Yes, I did. Read it over again. You either didn't understand, or misread.

I'm done. Personally, I don't like either than much and wouldn't use either on my team if i didn't have to. Zaun is cheaper and decent. I'd probably use him. But, to me, Molina is better, not the difference in money better, but better.

How many times are you going to say you're done before you're actually done? ;-7
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers